People Vs OJ Simpson | Syracusefan.com

People Vs OJ Simpson

Ozcuse

All American
Four episodes in and I am addicted. Now I remember why this was the original reality show.

Great casting, excellent directing, and great choice in music. Just the right bit of humor mixed in too.

OJ saying at the end of episode 4 "when did they get a black guy?" and Marcia Clark's smirk at the defense was great. All while Black Superman was playing in the background.

Four episodes in and I am addicted. Now I remember why this was the original reality show.

Great casting, excellent directing, and great choice in music. Just the right bit of humor mixed in too.

OJ saying at the end of episode 4 "when did they get a black guy?" and Marcia Clark's smirk at the defense was great. All while Black Superman was playing in the background.

I'm addicted as well. Casting is excellent. I know why they're doing it, but I'd be fine if they didn't crowbar in the Kardashian kids anymore.

supposedly the espn 30/30 on this coming out in june is going to be the greatest thing ever done

supposedly the espn 30/30 on this coming out in june is going to be the greatest thing ever done

You mean it won't be People (and Kardashian children) Vs. OJ Simpson?!

It's so bad, it's good. I don't take it seriously at all.

Really good show. watching the 5th episode as I type, I am really into it. Any one else creeped out by Travolta playing Shapiro?

Capt. Tuttle said:
Wonder how it will end? :eat popcorn:

Hes found guilty but escapes, goes on the lam for 12 years, then is arrested in vegas for kidnapping some guys who stole his memorabilia.

Really good show. watching the 5th episode as I type, I am really into it. Any one else creeped out by Travolta playing Shapiro?

You mean because he's more or less playing him as gay?

There is another one, they already made one about june 17th, the Bronco chase, game 7 of the Nba finals, the world cup.

There is another one, they already made one about june 17th, the Bronco chase, game 7 of the Nba finals, the world cup.

This one is going to be like a miniseries with multiple two hour episodes

I don't see Travolta as playing Shapiro as "gay" but as an anal retentive image obsessed lawyer that tries to sound smarter than he is. Unless he is leading a double life I don't see the gay connection.

If you notice when he speaks to the press or a public official like the head DA just before the OJ Bronco chase his entire demeanor changes and he enunciates his words differently than in closed door meetings with peers. I really dislike people like that who have a fake public persona.

I think Travolta is doing a pretty good job if that's what they wanted to convey.

I don't see Travolta as playing Shapiro as "gay" but as an anal retentive image obsessed lawyer that tries to sound smarter than he is. Unless he is leading a double life I don't see the gay connection.

If you notice when he speaks to the press or a public official like the head DA just before the OJ Bronco chase his entire demeanor changes and he enunciates his words differently than in closed door meetings with peers. I really dislike people like that who have a fake public persona.

I think Travolta is doing a pretty good job if that's what they wanted to convey.

travolta is not playing him as gay...he's playing him as travolta.

No just the character in general is creepy.

Yeah he's so bad it's good. It's like he's trying to play the bad guy in a Dolph Lundgren movie.

Just binge watched the first 5 episodes. So far, so good. I Trust Jeff Toobin so it looks as if the prosecution never had a chance. The scene where the jury selection expert asks the focus group who thinks OJ is not guilty and all the black members raise their hands and then when he asks who thinks he is guilty all the white members raise theirs is just stunning. The DA really blew it moving the case downtown. It should have been moved out of town.

Looking forward to the rest.

Crusty said:
Just binge watched the first 5 episodes. So far, so good. I Trust Jeff Toobin so it looks as if the prosecution never had a chance. The scene where the jury selection expert asks the focus group who thinks OJ is not guilty and all the black members raise their hands and then when he asks who thinks he is guilty all the white members raise theirs is just stunning. The DA really blew it moving the case downtown. It should have been moved out of town.

Looking forward to the rest.

I read the book the show is based on. Great read.

Marcia clark was just too arrogant and stubborn. They felt like they had a "mountain of evidence" and thats all that mattered. Oj did it, we have the evidence and we're gonna prove it no matter where the trial is or who is on the jury. In a normal case she was probably right, but this was far from normal. The jury selection was the biggest key, if there were 10 whites and 2 blacks hed have been guilty.

Between the jury, the fuhrman tapes, and having oj try the glove on they didnt have a chance. Cochran schooled them.

I read the book the show is based on. Great read.

Marcia clark was just too arrogant and stubborn. They felt like they had a "mountain of evidence" and thats all that mattered. Oj did it, we have the evidence and we're gonna prove it no matter where the trial is or who is on the jury. In a normal case she was probably right, but this was far from normal. The jury selection was the biggest key, if there were 10 whites and 2 blacks hed have been guilty.

Between the jury, the fuhrman tapes, and having oj try the glove on they didnt have a chance. Cochran schooled them.

Its kind of sad that race had such a big part in the case, when the evidence was overwhelming. Cochran, F Lee Bailey, Shapiro,etc pretty much schooled them.

F Lee is still alive. Whodathunk it? Guy didn't look that young even 20 years ago but good for him

I'm watching this now. Episode 8 tonight. It has been much more entertaining than I thought it would be. I did my best to scorn and ignore the coverage back when it was actually happening.

This show has had a few very well done scenes. One that pops to mind is when Cochran goes beast mode on Darden in the pre-trial hearing when Darden says the n word should be kept out of the trial. You can read many different levels into Johnnie Cochran through the writing and the portrayal.