Peterson - new allegation | Syracusefan.com

Peterson - new allegation

Suspend him indefinitely along with Rice. The only reason people even think this is remotely acceptable is because it's hitting his child. If he beat his parent with a switch people would be up in arms.

The story says AP sent his baby mama a text that if he (the second 4 year old) had taking his whoopin instead of trying to pull away and avoid it, he wouldn't have hit his head on the car seat. He's in a car seat. Because he's 4. Sounds like a pattern of abuse to me.

I used to make "all criminal" teams on. Madden years ago. Maybe it's time to do that again, there are some great players in that pool. Always tough to find a kicker, though ...

this second allegation is from 2013 I believe? if true the mother should be charged too for concealing the incident!

According to TMZ, "...the reason the case went nowhere is because Peterson did not strike the boy in the forehead -- but instead the child accidentally hit his head on a carseat while Adrian was punishing him. We're also told the form of discipline was 'not impermissible.' Under Texas law parents are allowed to administer reasonable punishment.

Unfreakingbelievable. I would like to see that defense raised when someone gets pushed intentionally and aggressively, falls, and hits his head on the sidewalk.

Suspend him indefinitely along with Rice. The only reason people even think this is remotely acceptable is because it's hitting his child. If he beat his parent with a switch people would be up in arms.

Not trying to start an argument here, but what person would be okay with hitting a child but not okay with hitting an adult? I mean they're both wrong, but your statement confuses me.

Not trying to start an argument here, but what person would be okay with hitting a child but not okay with hitting an adult? I mean they're both wrong, but your statement confuses me.
When 'parenting' it's okay to 'discipline' your child by physical means. You have to prove that it's abuse for there to be any repercussions. If you disciplined an adult by physical means in any manner you'd be in trouble.

Want to know something scary? Only two countries have refused to ratify the UNs Convention on the Rights of Children -- the United States and Somalia.

I used to make "all criminal" teams on. Madden years ago. Maybe it's time to do that again, there are some great players in that pool. Always tough to find a kicker, though ...
Tough to find a kicker? Dude, Janikowski's been in the league for 11 years! Bribery, drug charges, DUI. What more do you want from a kicker?

this second allegation is from 2013 I believe? if true the mother should be charged too for concealing the incident!
NO, She did report him to child protective services.

Also those child seats have tons of protective padding on them,so either Peterson slapped that kid so hard that the protective padding was useless or he is lying about his method.

These things are built to withstand car crashes to a degree.

People think it's perfectly fine to physically discipline children. Apparently even if that discipline includes using a weapon, shoving leaves in his mouth to muffle his screams, drawing blood and threatening to punch him if he told anyone.

As awful as violence against women is, at least the woman has some choice. I realize the psychology of abuse may not give much of a choice, but at least some. These kids have no choice. They're stuck with their abusive parents and probably half or more of American society thinks its perfectly fine and we can't tell parents how to raise their kids.

People think it's perfectly fine to physically discipline children. Apparently even if that discipline includes using a weapon, shoving leaves in his mouth to muffle his screams, drawing blood and threatening to punch him if he told anyone.

I still think that's the minority (or maybe just an overgeneralization to prove a point), but I agree with the general sentiment of both you and OrangeCrush22 and thank you both for clarifications.

Tough to find a kicker? Dude, Janikowski's been in the league for 11 years! Bribery, drug charges, DUI. What more do you want from a kicker?
I've been out of video gaming for a little longer than that but that is a real gem. Now what about a punter? The best I could find was Russell Erxleben who has twice been convicted on securities or investment fraud charges.

I've been out of video gaming for a little longer than that but that is a real gem. Now what about a punter? The best I could find was Russell Erxleben who has twice been convicted on securities or investment fraud charges.

Todd Sauerbrun.

AP is a child abuser, end of story. Look at the photos of the switch beating, it will make you sick. That little boy said AP also stuck leaves in his mouth. What is that??! I have two kids, never have laid a hand on them, never will, they are respectful and polite kids. AP probably thinks his dad doing these things to him made him who he is today. And he would be correct: it's made him an abusive scumbag.