Class of 2017 - PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas

Asked how seriously he is now considering Syracuse, Preston said: “I’m definitely considering them serious now. I don’t think I would’ve taken the visit if I wasn’t serious about Syracuse or any school that I’ve taken a visit to so I would say I’m really serious about that.”

Good article. But my man Billy needs to understand the difference between "strive" and "thrive."

Hate to buzzkill this thread, and maybe I'm way off, but the fact that he isn't committing until the Spring and UK is keeping tabs on him, (meaning they are only gonna go after when they are assured he is eligible or that they can make him eligible) should insight patience in the fanbase. With Kansas and UK in his 5, and a long time to go before any decisions are made, perhaps, we should (the fans, not the coaches) table our energy towards other recruits more likely to be orange. Just a hunch, that our shot with him was much greater had he of decided to sign this Fall.

Hate to buzzkill this thread, and maybe I'm way off, but the fact that he isn't committing until the Spring and UK is keeping tabs on him, (meaning they are only gonna go after when they are assured he is eligible or that they can make him eligible) should insight patience in the fanbase. With Kansas and UK in his 5, and a long time to go before any decisions are made, perhaps, we should (the fans, not the coaches) table our energy towards other recruits more likely to be orange. Just a hunch, that our shot with him was much greater had he of decided to sign this Fall.

I agree with a lot of this. The thing is, we will have so many open slots. It's not that bad he's waiting until the spring, in that if we get him then it would be a huge bonus. In the meantime, we can get hopefully get a bunch of commitments. He's not the kind of guy who'd be scared away by other commitments. If he signed now, he might scare away some guys himself, and then if he wound up not qualifying, we could be in less than ideal shape.

Preston and Sidibe. I'll try to catch this one...

the-very-best-of-the-conspiracy-keanu-meme-u2.jpg

He will be a spring commit and he doesn't seem like the snuggling type so we shouldn't have to worry about Creany

Spring? :( How ever will we be able to keep space available for him until then...... I kid, I kid.

New interview with Preston's mom up at a different site. Couple of important notes -- she clearly likes USC and names Jason Hart and Tony Bland, who she has known since they were all kids, as two people she trusts. Indiana's visit seems like it went very well. Contrary to what most of us have been thinking, it appears that they are going to take the USC visit this upcoming weekend, and then make a decision during the early signing period.

New interview with Preston's mom up at a different site. Couple of important notes -- she clearly likes USC and names Jason Hart and Tony Bland, who she has known since they were all kids, as two people she trusts. Indiana's visit seems like it went very well. Contrary to what most of us have been thinking, it appears that they are going to take the USC visit this upcoming weekend, and then make a decision during the early signing period.
Its gotta be strange for Jason hart to try and recruit against cuse. Tony Bland can use the transfer dig at us, but Hart... "I changed my mind, but they wouldn't let me out of my LOI, so I went there and did very well for 4 years."

Its gotta be strange for Jason hart to try and recruit against cuse. Tony Bland can use the transfer dig at us, but Hart... "I changed my mind, but they wouldn't let me out of my LOI, so I went there and did very well for 4 years."
I believe Jason Hart has said in the past he loves Coach Boeheim and you will never see me say anything negative about anyone from Syracuse. There was an article a few years back and he said Syracuse is like family but he is a Trojan. I'm guessing he would just talk about what USC has to offer and Los Angeles has to offer in general. You don't always have to go the negative route.

Bland would never had mouth Syracuse. Loves us. Went home for family reasons (suck grandfather, if memory serves).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom