Class of 2017 - PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Billy Preston (VA) to Kansas

Bland would never had mouth Syracuse. Loves us. Went home for family reasons (suck grandfather, if memory serves).

Gross.
Yeah. This may or may not have an indirect reference to Indiana basketball.
635665952053118506-17-IUBB13-FEN.JPG

Well, wouldn't it be delightful to have Billy shock and surprise us all by committing to Syracuse? I mean, it would really be nice to get some wonderful surprising information for a change. It seems like the process for every player we get turns into an arduous drawn out marathon in which we don't find out the result until the 23rd hour 59th second.

Just saying... it's nice to dream.

"Coach Boeheim-- he is a legend."

Sounds like he is going to wait until the spring now...

Sounded pretty positive to me. McCullough helps us, as it turns out. And of course there's the Melo connection to Oak Hill, and winning a national championship. Right now, with our recent Final Fours, it puts us in better shape than Indiana, certainly, and even Kansas to an extent. I think we have a real shot here, but if he's waiting to spring, I think it's going to take another deep run in the tournament to get him. I think we can do it.

Sounded pretty positive to me. McCullough helps us, as it turns out. And of course there's the Melo connection to Oak Hill, and winning a national championship. Right now, with our recent Final Fours, it puts us in better shape than Indiana, certainly, and even Kansas to an extent. I think we have a real shot here, but if he's waiting to spring, I think it's going to take another deep run in the tournament to get him. I think we can do it.

The weird thing here is how out of the blue it seemingly was. I mean we've been talking about 2017 guys for 2-3 years now.

The crazy thing is we could lose him to USC because of his close connection to two Syracuse guys on their staff...
I have to think/hope that the allure of playing in the ACC, as opposed to the PAC 12, Big XII and B1G is an advantage in this. Billy has four strong finalists in mind, but our coach, our league and our profile is going to best prepare him to be a top-10 pick.

This kid is a difference maker. Land him and the entire complexion of National Championship aspirations changes. Of the 4 schools he has indicated it would seem that we have a real chance at landing him. It's nice to not see Kentucky, Duke, and Arizona on his list.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom