Class of 2015 - PF Brodricks Jones (CA) to UTEP | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 PF Brodricks Jones (CA) to UTEP

If this guy is a replacement recruit for Diagne, I don't understand the logic. He doesn't sound like an immediate impact player for 2015-6... and if so, what's the point of wasting this scholarship when we could try to nab someone in the following class who is more capable of stepping in? I could see the logic if this was a 5th year transfer for a 1-year deal, but as is, we'd potentially be out a schollie for 4 years.

Doesn't add up!

If this guy is a replacement recruit for Diagne, I don't understand the logic. He doesn't sound like an immediate impact player for 2015-6... and if so, what's the point of wasting this scholarship when we could try to nab someone in the following class who is more capable of stepping in? I could see the logic if this was a 5th year transfer for a 1-year deal, but as is, we'd potentially be out a schollie for 4 years.

Doesn't add up!
We have Chukwu coming in the following year. Would need to play with 9 this year if Diagne doesn't make it.

We have Chukwu coming in the following year. Would need to play with 9 this year if Diagne doesn't make it.

If this is the case, I understand what Franco is saying. Chukwu will obviously start his first eligible season and DC should be around for his senior year as well. The staff obviously knows something about returning scholarships because with Chukwu and DC playing in 16-17 and this guy being a project as a freshman there doesn't seem to be a rush or really need to get him here right away with our current scholarship limitations.

is this a sean davis, the 7 footer in dantes freshman year? don't need him,

IMO, DC leaves next year for the pros, Europe or somewhere

We already have chino, will this guy be much better? I know we need centers but Id rather carry this over to 16 for a better center prospect or hell, even Heurter.

CU44SE said:
We already have chino, will this guy be much better? I know we need centers but Id rather carry this over to 16 for a better center prospect or hell, even Heurter.
this dude sounds legit in terms of upside

This is a bit of a head scratcher but I trust the staff's decision making/plan. If they want him at SU then so do I.

If this is the case, I understand what Franco is saying. Chukwu will obviously start his first eligible season and DC should be around for his senior year as well. The staff obviously knows something about returning scholarships because with Chukwu and DC playing in 16-17 and this guy being a project as a freshman there doesn't seem to be a rush or really need to get him here right away with our current scholarship limitations.
Without knowing who's coming, going, staying, whatever, the logic might be that they are worried about DC holding up for a full season and having to roll the dice with Chino who has shown he is somewhat foul prone in the limited time he got last season. I guess you could play Roberson at the 5 and rotate Richardson and G at the 3 and play Lydon at the 4, but that is a small lineup.

I'm just thinking out loud here - and let me preface by saying that Diagne could be an absolute stud who will be missed - but how much would losing Diagne hurt the program? I mean, if Roberson is still around in 16-17, would Diagne get much playing time? With Chukwu in the mix, Diagne either backs him up or competes with Roberson, Lydon, and Moyer for a forward spot. What's the drop off if Jones plays that same role...if there is one at all?

For everybody scratching their head on this one have you all watched his tape?

Last I checked San Diego State was a pretty good ballclub their oach knows what he's doing
C'mon, you can't get on people for wondering out loud about a 2 star were fighting with Memphis and UTEP for. Makes zero sense aside from some scramble scenario.

C'mon, you can't get on people for wondering out loud about a 2 star were fighting with Memphis and UTEP for. Makes zero sense aside from some scramble scenario.

I hope he's underrated because getting a 2-3 star guy is not what we need right now. But then again patterson was a 4 star guard that played like a 2 star...so I guess you really never know.

Just seems to me that there are better 2016 prospects out there. So if Diagne is indeed out, then roll the dice on DC2 staying healthy and go after a better prospect in 2016.

Cheers,
Neil

We are already rolling the dice on DC2. He is healthy right now and looks great but has yet to play a full season. Diagne offers us a guy who can give you good minutes at the 5 as a backup, an actual big strong body who can play the 4 and insurance against any front line injury. He pushes Chino to the 3rd center and gives us much different options at the forward spots including allowing Mike much more time in the backcourt if that is necessary. Losing Diagne would be a big blow no matter who we come up with to replace him here at the last minute. Hopefully Jones never visits SU because it likely means Diagne is good to go.

omniorange said:
Just seems to me that there are better 2016 prospects out there. So if Diagne is indeed out, then roll the dice on DC2 staying healthy and go after a better prospect in 2016. Cheers, Neil

We would need a big for this year's rotation.

We would need a big for this year's rotation.

agreed. People need to remember that G is a wing, TylerR is a bit undersized for a 4 and TylerL isn't carrying much beef into battle this year. Diagne is already physically developed and would have been DC2's backup/insurance policy as well as giving us the ability to play bigger and stronger situationaly next to DC2.

thought he was a 4 star? :noidea:

brod.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom