Class of 2016 - PF Harry Giles (NC) to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PF Harry Giles (NC) to Duke

Francis03

All American
Was offered by SU tonight. 6'10 forward from North Carolina that is ranked top 3 in his class. Personally unless Red or Hop have some close connection here I don't think we have a shot, but hey I guess it's worth a try.

Was offered by SU tonight. 6'10 forward from North Carolina that is ranked top 3 in his class. Personally unless Red or Hop have some close connection here I don't think we have a shot, but hey I guess it's worth a try.
Kid's a good looking athlete. I like how he penetrates like a guard, takes those little floaters. Very unique game.

Personally unless Red or Hop have some close connection here I don't think we have a shot, but hey I guess it's worth a try.

According to this first article he wants to major in communications. Maybe that is the connection. Also it says his mother's maiden name is Addison. Maybe some relation to Raf?
http://www.usab.com/bios/giles_harry.html

This second article talks about his injuries and surgery but he is back playing now.
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...cruit-harry-giles-tears-acl-mcl-and-meniscus/

Latest Giles mix. Saw the Tweet that we offered last night and was definitely surprised. Let's get Giles and Murray and call it a day!

According to this first article he wants to major in communications. Maybe that is the connection. Also it says his mother's maiden name is Addison. Maybe some relation to Raf?
http://www.usab.com/bios/giles_harry.html

This second article talks about his injuries and surgery but he is back playing now.
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...cruit-harry-giles-tears-acl-mcl-and-meniscus/
Hopefully there is a connection, because he has been linked strongly to UNC, Duke, Kansas, and Kentucky. I know the staff rarely ever offer a kid that they view would be a waste of time going after.

I think being in the ACC may open up the Carolinas to syracuse recruiting

I could get an offer playing against that "defense".

Its always worth a try Maybe the kid wants to get away from the tobacco road state.

My understanding is Giles has been letting it be known that he is not determined to stay in the state of North Carolina. Red feels that SU has a chance and that is why the offer went out. Don't underestimate the Melo factor here.

The basketball coach at the high school I coach football at (they've put out a good number of D-1 prospects, especially to Duke) seems to think the NC claim is smoke and mirrors. He says that Giles will most definitely end up at UNC or Duke. He seemed pretty sure about it when I walked into the gym talking about it today.

This will probably be the first and last bit of insider info I am able to give on the basketball recruiting board.

Odom-esque? Regardless, he's a huge long shot to end up in Orange. Fingers crossed.

Going to be tough to win this battle with the instate heavy weights lurking. Although we should keep in mind that UNC is under investigation again. Then you got UK who has beaten us just about every time in recruiting battles besides for DC2. Probably a long shot but it be nice to score a kid in the top 10 for a change.

Love his game. First ever 6'10 guard! Eat your heart out, Penny. :p

Don't forget our 6'9" friend Billy Owens. I remember they said when scouting him he was draining 30 footers in the wind, and could play all 5 positions, which inspired me as a youngin(I'm sure many of you have shot outside in upstate NY winters as well). And of course I can't forget hearing ESPN play "In The Air Tonight" the first time he faced Mourning and Georgetown. IMO, Owens was on the #1 or #2 SU squad ever. As for Giles, what a steal he would be. I'd love for SU to set precedent by landing his services.

billy-owens.jpg

This is really interesting. Would love to see what develops in this recruitment.

Going to be tough to win this battle with the instate heavy weights lurking. Although we should keep in mind that UNC is under investigation again. Then you got UK who has beaten us just about every time in recruiting battles besides for DC2. Probably a long shot but it be nice to score a kid in the top 10 for a change.
Only reason UK wins battles is because of $$$.

I'd be really interested to see if the staff uses their history with players and ACL injuries in their recruiting picks.

CJ Fair tore his ACL in high school, we stuck with him, and made him a player who was pretty injury free throughout 4 years in college.

Andy Rautins/Eric Devendorf - two players who tore their ACLs, and our top notch training staff got them back to being better than they were pre-injury.

I wonder if they used that with Howard and have spoken it to Giles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom