Class of 2016 - PF Harry Giles (NC) to Duke | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PF Harry Giles (NC) to Duke

From what I recall, i actually think Francis thought Wake had a realistic shot at him. It was going to be hard to get him to leave the state of Carolina. I know UNC wants him bad, but with their situation and all...
Yeah, we think we have it tough with a few years of probation. Wait 'til the UNC shoe drops:

sinking ship.jpg

No shame in this one. Giles is likely playing in NC. If UNC didn't have the sanctions upcoming I would peg them as the favorite. With them in doubt I bet it comes down to Duke v. Wake Forest unless Kentucky clears enough cap space to offer a max contract.

Oh well--so much for that.
It was over the day sanctions came down. We might not have even had a chance with his major preference for staying in NC anyways

It was over the day sanctions came down. We might not have even had a chance with his major preference for staying in NC anyways
Yeah, I don't think we ever had a chance. Francis had always said it was no more than a 10% chance at best because he didn't believe he was leaving NC.

Yeah, I don't think we ever had a chance. Francis had always said it was no more than a 10% chance at best because he didn't believe he was leaving NC.

Hard not to envision this kid ending up at Duke.

Well now that it seems we're no longer in the picture for Harry Styles maybe we should offer Liam Payne or Zayn Malik. My 12 year old tells me they are the real studs in this group.

I know Wake has a chance and will be there to the end but I agree.
Wake gave us fits and Manning's definitely piling up talent there. They have a 7 footer (Washington) who's pretty decent, and that kid Mitoglu played as though he'd been struck by lightening.

[By Edit} This year they bring in even more size (Doral Moore is 7'1 and they got a 6'10 F).

I'd rather see them, than Duke, get Giles. But let's be careful what we wish for.

Last edited:
Wake gave us fits and Manning's definitely piling up talent there. They have a 7 footer who's pretty decent, and that kid Mitoglu played as though he'd been struck by lightening. I'd rather see them, than Duke, get Giles. But let's be careful what we wish for.

I hear you but Wake is a team with some history of success and one of the ACC teams that has a chance to be good on a regular basis. It would be Huge to pick up Giles against Duke and UNC. Manning has things going in the right direction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom