Matthew Moyer | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

And for those of you tweeterly challenged (I know I am), full size of pic. Pumped for MM and TB!
CTjdaVlUEAAB7JK.jpg:large

I think he's just a great recruit for us - really good player now that can contribute right away, but not quite at that 1-and-done level so we'll have him at least a couple years, and with his extroverted super-positive attitude will be a natural team leader. He and TB are going to help us do great things next year.

Said it before, I'll say it again: more athletic Ryan Blackwell. I can't un-see that comparison now.

How about Wes Johnson with better ball handling skills? (I hope that wasn't said previously...I didn't check).

How about Wes Johnson with better ball handling skills? (I hope that wasn't said previously...I didn't check).
Nah - he doesn't shoot it as well and he's not the athlete Wes was. Different type of guy. Moyer is more a Blackwell/Wallace type of guy. HOPEFULLY winds up leaning more toward Wallace.

Maybe somewhat similar style/size to Kris Joseph? Better handle but not quite the ups?

Maybe somewhat similar style/size to Kris Joseph? Better handle but not quite the ups?

Nah, Pearl, I don't see the Kris Joseph comparison. Moyer is an interesting guy to watch. He sort of lulls you to sleep. He doesn't look quick but he gets the job done. He can do a lot of things well. I like jekel's Wallace/ Blackwell comparison, especially on body type. He should be a better player than Blackwell and do more things well. Moyer is a grinder and I mean that in a complimentary way. "Anything you need, coach." A rebound, a nice no look pass...and then, out of nowhere, he will dunk in someone's grill. The handle is improving but still a little loose. He does like to dribble in and out of traffic and he likes going behind the back but he needs to tighten up the handle considerably. His jumper is serviceable but as everyone knows, Moyer will work his ass off to get better.

He will fill the stat sheet. When I say that he lulls you to sleep, I mean, you look at him and he doesn't look like a stud athlete like Battle does, but then all of a sudden, he will do something special. Then you look at the box score and he quietly had a 14/8/4 stat line.

That's not bad. Forget my Blackwell/Wallace. Let's go with somewhere between Blackwell and Joseph.

Thanks, was looking for the stats. Wow, drops 30 in his debut. Going to be special.

No clue if he played a NEPSAC game tonight but he did move to South Kent to play in the NEPSAC against better competition than he was used to.

No clue if he played a NEPSAC game tonight but he did move to South Kent to play in the NEPSAC against better competition than he was used to.
Yup, even more special against good comp but yeah, not sure who they played.

I love that Mom and Pop are there and sporting the colors!! They look like they are going to be good people.

They are. I follow Moyer's mom on Twitter just because she's good people. Matt was raised right, that's for sure. He's already such a credit to SU.

And there it is, thanks! Post University JV? Doing a little AP style basketball? Does he get credits? Loss of schollies? Does JB get wheelhoused again?
Stay tuned, Batmen and Batwomen!
Pow-300x221.jpg

Wait, so Matt was bragging about some exhibition game against some JV team? Ha ha. That's pretty funny. So Matt was Batman and Post was...some lame overmatched villain...I'll go with Shame. Come on, tee. Post a pic of Batman villain, Shame, from the classic tv show. He was played by Cliff Robertson.

Wait, so Matt was bragging about some exhibition game against some JV team? Ha ha. That's pretty funny. So Matt was Batman and Post was...some lame overmatched villain...I'll go with Shame. Come on, tee. Post a pic of Batman villain, Shame, from the classic tv show. He was played by Cliff Robertson.
I hear you, my friend...and stay tuned!
shame_abcadvert.jpg

On the contrary. I think this was JV of a University (D2), not high school. :)

And there it is, thanks! Post University JV? Doing a little AP style basketball? Does he get credits? Loss of schollies? Does JB get wheelhoused again?
Stay tuned, Batmen and Batwomen!
Pow-300x221.jpg

I was wondering what the hell you were talking about with the AP reference, the credits and all that. I missed the "University" part of Post University JV. I must've been punched in the head by the Dynamic Duo! Pow! Blap! Bam! Your post makes so much more sense now.

Last edited:
Amazing that dad is a pharmacist and still had to work 2 jobs so Mom could stay at home and take him to all of his activities. First kudos for putting him first and doing this, but also amazed that with what is basically a PHD equivalent and a professional job it still is not enough of an income to support the level of commitment that is needed to support your kids who are such talented sports players. But love this kid , his parents and the love of Orange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom