Class of 2017 - PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky

Add Kansas and Duke and we'll have our yearly board heart attack recruit

That's just Zagoria hoping he could type, "Duke." I like Adam but he's a bit biased.
I don't think Zagoria was that bad until the last 5 years ago or so. I used to love his stuff about 15 years ago.

I don't think Zagoria was that bad until the last 5 years ago or so. I used to love his stuff about 15 years ago.

He used to be, but he definitely caters to what gets him the most clicks anymore. I guess that is where his bread is buttered. He definitely has a bias toward UK & Duke, as well as the local Jersey schools (which he should)

The thing that bugs me so much about following him, is his ICYMI posts. constantly reposted the same story again. I'll see it 3-4 times on my timeline. Very annoying. Almost ready to stop following him anymore.

I want to see Ninja Nick in Orange!

UConn fans think they're getting Diallo, Bamba, and Richards. Laughable.

Richards in an interview said he loves our offense but doesn't like being in a zone. Will take an official to Syracuse eventually

I think it's likely an 0-fer scenario.
Seriously. I don't know if it's some sort of weird defense mechanism or what, but in what world would 3 top 20 recruits go to an AAC school?

Seriously. I don't know if it's some sort of weird defense mechanism or what, but in what world would 3 top 20 recruits go to an AAC school?
It's called cognitive dissonance. It hurts being left in the dust - so it didn't happen. Same goes for VCU fans thinking we are "nouveau riche" from a "non-P5 mid major Big East." That was the most ludicrously hilarious statement in a long time. Yes, the same Big East that blew up college bball in the 80's, made ESPN (for better or for worse) and was likely the best conference in history.

In all fairness, they are still recruiting at a pretty high level, especially for a program outside the P5. Not saying they would get all 3, but 1 of those guys is certainly possible along with other solid top 100 guys. Their recruiting seems for the most part on par with ours right now. Obviously their recruiting is directly correlated to their coach. I cannot begin to imagine the dropoff, however, if he leaves.

It's called cognitive dissonance. It hurts being left in the dust - so it didn't happen. Same goes for VCU fans thinking we are "nouveau riche" from a "non-P5 mid major Big East." That was the most ludicrously hilarious statement in a long time. Yes, the same Big East that blew up college bball in the 80's, made ESPN (for better or for worse) and was likely the best conference in history.
The same former big east schools that have won 5 of the last 7 titles. Just proves how jelly mid major fans get.

His "zone" comment makes me uncomfortable.
Anyone else soooo tired of this zone defense thing? I get so annoyed with even analysts, that say since these players play a zone defense, that of course they won't be able to play that, oh so difficult to learn, man-to-man "defense" played in the NBA! Anyone that wastes time to watch NBA games, knows that there is very little defense! If you hustle and work hard on that end you are already going to be a good if not above average defender. I mean one of the best offensive players in the NBA, James Harden, might be the worst defensive player in the league. His contract certainly does not show that!!!!! He seems to be eating pretty well!

Anyone else soooo tired of this zone defense thing? I get so annoyed with even analysts, that say since these players play a zone defense, that of course they won't be able to play that, oh so difficult to learn, man-to-man "defense" played in the NBA! Anyone that wastes time to watch NBA games, knows that there is very little defense! If you hustle and work hard on that end you are already going to be a good if not above average defender. I mean one of the best offensive players in the NBA, James Harden, might be the worst defensive player in the league. His contract certainly does not show that!!!!! He seems to be eating pretty well!

I think it's a recruiting pitch used by other coaching staffs against us -- and sometimes it's probably able to stick. Obviously he would thrive in our zone, but he proabbly just hears "zone -- won't prepare you for NBA etc".

I think if GMs and coaches/former coaches are talking about then there is merit to it. GMs and scouts especially are quoted all the time around the draft process about this regarding SU players. I mean it makes sense to me but obviously it is a player by player basis. Guys like Harden and Carmelo have been superstar offensive players for much of their career so teams overlook that they don't play any defense. I'm sure negative recruiting also happens re: zone and NBA prognosis for recruits considering us and other schools.

While that's not the best argument for the 2-3 zone translating to the NBA, I get your point. Something that most people forget is that SU plays against M2M defense, so we have a M2M offense, which we practice, against M2M, which requires the players to play M2M defense for most of the practice. It's a silly, tired, and old myth that Syracuse players never learn M2M and don't play M2M for 4 years once they set foot on campus, like it's illegal in Onondaga County.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom