Class of 2017 - PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky

How is a big threat of UConn to us for Bamba? (if Richards does indeed go Duke and Carter to UK)

How is a big threat of UConn to us for Bamba? (if Richards does indeed go Duke and Carter to UK)
I'm not sure about the UConn part but it'd be the other way around with Richards going to UK and Carter going to Duke if I'm not mistaken

UConn is finished unless they get in the B12. What recruit in their right mind wants to play E. Carolina, Tulsa, UCF, USF, Tulane, etc., etc. They have their 4 NC's, which is great, but what speaks volumes about their program is the utter lack of respect they receive from the country in general. Totally living in the past is their m.o., and if they look to that to sustain themselves, have them call UCLA, with 11 NC's, and ask them how they are perceived today. SU may only have 1 NC, but we are constantly playing in big games against the heavyweights on a huge national stage, and doing quite well. UConn plays a putrid conference schedule with no national buzz, seen by no one, and plays them in a high school gym. Hey recruits, come to UConn, no pressure whatsoever!!

UConn is finished unless they get in the B12. What recruit in their right mind wants to play E. Carolina, Tulsa, UCF, USF, Tulane, etc., etc. They have their 4 NC's, which is great, but what speaks volumes about their program is the utter lack of respect they receive from the country in general. Totally living in the past is their m.o., and if they look to that to sustain themselves, have them call UCLA, with 11 NC's, and ask them how they are perceived today. SU may only have 1 NC, but we are constantly playing in big games against the heavyweights on a huge national stage, and doing quite well. UConn plays a putrid conference schedule with no national buzz, seen by no one, and plays them in a high school gym. Hey recruits, come to UConn, no pressure whatsoever!!

Your discounting of their titles is misguided. Those titles weren't that long ago. Living in the past is a stretch. I hate them but who here wouldn't want 4 titles?

Your discounting of their titles is misguided. Those titles weren't that long ago. Living in the past is a stretch. I hate them but who here wouldn't want 4 titles?

I don't think it was discounting titles. Nobody can. The banners are legit. Rather, it was more of insinuating that they are in danger of turning into the San Francisco Dons. They had a great run, but are irrelevant in contemporary college ball. Could happen to UCONN if they don't fall into the right conference situation.

That is how I interpreted the post, anyway.

I don't think it was discounting titles. Nobody can. The banners are legit. Rather, it was more of insinuating that they are in danger of turning into the San Francisco Dons. They had a great run, but are irrelevant in contemporary college ball. Could happen to UCONN if they don't fall into the right conference situation.

That is how I interpreted the post, anyway.

Oh, I took it the same way you did. But with Ollie, the UConn brand name, a great non-conference schedule, they will still be a top 15 power just about every year.

Oh, I took it the same way you did. But with Ollie, the UConn brand name, a great non-conference schedule, they will still be a top 15 power just about every year.

Maybe. But the half-empty gyms... I can't believe a high-level athlete would see that as a positive. Storrs may fill theirs, but they are playing a lot of road games in relative obscurity.

Pretty much a lock he's going to UK..They really aren't recruiting any other sg besides Trent

Any noise about him skipping college all together?

Any noise about him skipping college all together?

None. (You may have been asking SUOrangeSU). The guys who have had speculation of skipping college are Diallo and especially Duval.

I hear you and agree to a large extent. But I would in no way trade our spot in the ACC and our 1 NC for their 4 and being stuck in the AAC. Bball wise having fball has hurt them even more without being in a power5.we will get ours and continue to play in the best college bball conference.

How blessed am I to spend my life rooting for SU through the BE and now the ACC.

None. (You may have been asking SUOrangeSU). The guys who have had speculation of skipping college are Diallo and especially Duval.

Yep question was about Diallo. Thanks

Would you rather be in UConns position or Nova's position? I think Nova is better situated for the future. They disregarded football, but at least they are in a good basketball conference. Maybe UCONN gets their Big 12 invite and is ok, but if they don't....

Would you rather be in UConns position or Nova's position? I think Nova is better situated for the future. They disregarded football, but at least they are in a good basketball conference. Maybe UCONN gets their Big 12 invite and is ok, but if they don't...

I know I'm in the minority but I happen to think both of their hoops programs will be fine. If I had to pick, I guess I'd rather be in UConn's position, since they could wind up in a power conference.

I know I'm in the minority but I happen to think both of their hoops programs will be fine. If I had to pick, I guess I'd rather be in UConn's position, since they could wind up in a power conference.

This. Football $. Have a feeling conference realignment isn't done. If you are UCONN, you have a chance for P5. I would rather be UCONN.

Now let me grab the Listerine bottle, there is a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree with both sides. UConn is still very much relevant, but they also are in danger of losing their rep and brand if they stay in the AAC. At least in Novas case, they are in a basketball conference that will send several teams to the tournament every year.

The key IMO is 100% Ollie. Even if UConn is in the AAC for the forseeable future, there's no reason why they can't do what Gonzaga has done, however they will no longer be seen as a perennial power. However, if Ollie leaves, they're done. I don't see any semi-big time coach going after that job considering the position of the conference. They're only chance is an alumni, and no current alumni are in position to take that job and keep UConn at the level they want to be at. A big part of the lure to UConn right now is Ollie - his NBA connections, his mentality, his impression on recruits, etc. That goes way beyond UConn.

As long as Ollie is there UConn will always be relevant to some extent. The question is how long will his schtick work when kids start re`alizing they don't want to play @ECU, @Tulane and @USF. They're pretty much NEVER on TV for conference games unless it's against SMU or Cincy.

I agree with both sides. UConn is still very much relevant, but they also are in danger of losing their rep and brand if they stay in the AAC. At least in Novas case, they are in a basketball conference that will send several teams to the tournament every year.

The key IMO is 100% Ollie. Even if UConn is in the AAC for the forseeable future, there's no reason why they can't do what Gonzaga has done, however they will no longer be seen as a perennial power. However, if Ollie leaves, they're done. I don't see any semi-big time coach going after that job considering the position of the conference. They're only chance is an alumni, and no current alumni are in position to take that job and keep UConn at the level they want to be at. A big part of the lure to UConn right now is Ollie - his NBA connections, his mentality, his impression on recruits, etc. That goes way beyond UConn.

As long as Ollie is there UConn will always be relevant to some extent. The question is how long will his schtick work when kids start re`alizing they don't want to play @ECU, @Tulane and @USF. They're pretty much NEVER on TV for conference games unless it's against SMU or Cincy.
I think that's already why they're limited to second level recruits right now. These one and done and A-Level players want national tv exposure. None to be had at Storrs. Also, no big-time atmosphere at Gampel.

Like our chances

Holy crap, that is a big dude. Melo ain't exactly small and he's dwarfed here. Ok maybe not dwarfed, but definitely smaller by a good margin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom