Class of 2017 - PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky

Ugh. BBN is the worst.
Definitely thee most ignorant fan base in terms of entitlement and overall basketball knowledge. It's kind of like they are in a dream since Cal has arrived and none of them want to actually hear or believe anything negative because they believe it just can't be true. Most don't remember the Tubby or Billy days. Just want to ignore Cals past. I could go on and on, but it's nothing that hasn't already been said. They crap on Syracuse as a city, like Lexington is some hot spot. All very laughable material being spit over on racist rafters, not that we don't have our own here and our own bias...but to each their own. I just really hope we get a chance to play them in the near future

Definitely thee most ignorant fan base in terms of entitlement and overall basketball knowledge. It's kind of like they are in a dream since Cal has arrived and none of them want to actually hear or believe anything negative because they believe it just can't be true. Most don't remember the Tubby or Billy days. Just want to ignore Cals past. I could go on and on, but it's nothing that hasn't already been said. They crap on Syracuse as a city, like Lexington is some hot spot. All very laughable material being spit over on racist rafters, not that we don't have our own here and our own bias...but to each their own. I just really hope we get a chance to play them in the near future

Most ripped JC when he coached at Memphis.

Ok, I'll stop high jacking this thread and keep it about Richards after this post. If anyone has some free time today and need a good laugh, head over to that dump and read some of the thread about us. It's good reading material if you are sitting on the toilet at work. At least the onend poster (baboo) has some common sense and I agree mostly with what he has to say, minus the syracuse being in western ny and how hard it is to recruit here. It's really not, most of our recruits are from the northeast and use to tough winters, and believe it or not Lexington folk...3 out of our 4 seasons are actually beautiful, but let's just talk about our winter to fit your agenda

Last edited:
Which forum is it? I know you can't post link. Thanks.

I just went there about what I thought it would be. There was a little more Boeheim isn't even a good coach talk than I would expect. Especially criticizing him for having only 1 title as a reason considering Cal only has 1. To be honest I don't have a lot of dislike for UK as a fan base. We don't ever play them and I would much rather a top kid go there over Duke. Not just because we play them but I just think K gets way more out of kids.

Would a Penn State joke be in poor taste at this moment? :oops:

First thing that popped into my mind.
Was gonna say - no, that's the Penn State forum.

Would a Penn State joke be in poor taste at this moment? :oops:
First thing that popped into my mind.
Was gonna say - no, that's the Penn State forum.
I must admit, I thought about Penn St. as I wrote that. I just got a little irritated after reading their board. If Syracuse had been caught for the same violations that they have gotten caught with in the past, we would have gotten the death penalty. And Cal has had two final fours vacated. However, JB is the biggest cheater of all time? UK had a great coach in Tubby Smith, but he didn't win enough for them. Cal and UK are a match made in hell (I initially wrote "heaven" but it just didn't sound right).

I must admit, I thought about Penn St. as I wrote that. I just got a little irritated after reading their board. If Syracuse had been caught for the same violations that they have gotten caught with in the past, we would have gotten the death penalty. And Cal has had two final fours vacated. However, JB is the biggest cheater of all time? UK had a great coach in Tubby Smith, but he didn't win enough for them. Cal and UK are a match made in hell (I initially wrote "heaven" but it just didn't sound right).
The thing that I found the most interesting is they clearly don't believe Coach Cal is breaking rules. I know 2 people in Seattle who are die hard U.K. fans and they are scared to death of getting in trouble. I remember when Cousins committed one of them didn't want him. I believe he told me, "This kid can't read and is going to do something to take down our entire program." I didn't ask him to elaborate and if it was a general thought about the kid or if there was actual info. I'm guessing the former.

Let's clear the UK talk out of here. First of all it is just fan board bravado. We do the same stuff. Secondly, like it or not, other fan bases can throw stones at Syracuse for being dirty. JB has gotten the program put on probation twice. Do those of us who follow the program feel like the NCAA went way overboard both times? Yes. But no outside person is going to care about that, just like they don't care what the outcome or truth of the Fine stuff was. We are in the most delicate of glass houses right now. It's just a fact.

Let's clear the UK talk out of here. First of all it is just fan board bravado. We do the same stuff. Secondly, like it or not, other fan bases can throw stones at Syracuse for being dirty. JB has gotten the program put on probation twice. Do those of us who follow the program feel like the NCAA went way overboard both times? Yes. But no outside person is going to care about that, just like they don't care what the outcome or truth of the Fine stuff was. We are in the most delicate of glass houses right now. It's just a fact.

Whoa Whoa Whoa, there will be no looking in the mirror on this board!

But we do it about Rutgers

Sidibe and Brisset are much more realistic F options at this point. Once I read his comment about not liking to play in a zone, I kind of knew he was highly unlikely.

He's one and done anyway, wouldn't be that much of an impact IMO.

Sidibe and Brisset are much more realistic F options at this point. Once I read his comment about not liking to play in a zone, I kind of knew he was highly unlikely.
I never understood that. Shot Blockers should love playing in the zone...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom