Class of 2017 - PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky

IMHO Richards (think mom as well), want to get to the league quick as possible. Might not happen at SU so they are selling them selves to the devil aka PayPalCal.

IMHO Richards (think mom as well), want to get to the league quick as possible. Might not happen at SU so they are selling them selves to the devil aka PayPalCal.

Funny thing about that: if he is a legit NBA guy, it would be a safer bet to go to Syracuse. If you look at Syracuse, it is way way more likely for him to get monster minutes as a freshman that it is at UK. He also wouldn't have to share the spotlight with 5 other lottery hopefuls. Only one ball to go around. As far as exposure, I would say UK is probably 15% better than Syracuse overall just because ESPN and the like are addicted to UK and Duke right now. But Syracuse gets major coverage and being our #1 or #2 guy is arguably better exposure than being UK's #3 or #4 guy. And there is always the risk that you become UK's #6 or #7 guy. It is hard not to view players who stay at Kentucky for more than one year as failures. I know I do.

Funny thing about that: if he is a legit NBA guy, it would be a safer bet to go to Syracuse. If you look at Syracuse, it is way way more likely for him to get monster minutes as a freshman that it is at UK. He also wouldn't have to share the spotlight with 5 other lottery hopefuls. Only one ball to go around. As far as exposure, I would say UK is probably 15% better than Syracuse overall just because ESPN and the like are addicted to UK and Duke right now. But Syracuse gets major coverage and being our #1 or #2 guy is arguably better exposure than being UK's #3 or #4 guy. And there is always the risk that you become UK's #6 or #7 guy. It is hard not to view players who stay at Kentucky for more than one year as failures. I know I do.
Dakari Johnson averaged 15 minutes per game at UK. He's now in the D-League. Makes you wonder if he went elsewhere and started, played 25-30 meaningful mpg, and wasn't a practice body, maybe he'd have a much better college career and develop more before he was chosen to fill a roster hole in the minor leagues.

Dakari Johnson averaged 15 minutes per game at UK. He's now in the D-League. Makes you wonder if he went elsewhere and started, played 25-30 meaningful mpg, and wasn't a practice body, maybe he'd have a much better college career and develop more before he was chosen to fill a roster hole in the minor leagues.
And maybe he would have taken a few legitimate college/trade school courses so that he could get a job if the D-League doesn't pan out.

something I find interesting is that Richards retweeted Quades "best class" post. This could be really good or really bad. If people are fairly certain he's coming to cuse then why not Richards along with him.
IMG_0937.PNG

Another interesting thing is that it appears they both know where each other is going . Decision to be made then retweet of quades "best class". lol im getting deep

something I find interesting is that Richards retweeted Quades "best class" post. This could be really good or really bad. If people are fairly certain he's coming to cuse then why not Richards along with him.
View attachment 80822
That would be awesome, but the consensus is that he means that the entire class of '17 is the best class, and Richards is likely on board with that, as he is the same class. Although, maybe the fact that Diallo wants to play with Quade and Richards is an NYC guy, although he says he doesn't represent NYC or NJ, because he reps Jamaica...I don't know...I am talking out my rear end.

I really wanna be excited. A top guy has us in his final 3 and is about to announce. Just feels like we're window dressing. Will be friggin thrilled to be wrong.

Never took his official here or at Zona correct? Writings been on the wall for awhile with this one except to Uconn fans
Richards made an official here. He made a bunch of unofficial visits

Richards was ballin with battle at the dome over the summer . He didn't really need to take another visit here. It's easy to expect Kentucky here so we will see.

Richards made an official here. He made a bunch of unofficial visits

Almost positive his official visit never happened. Staff was trying to schedule it but after his UK official he said he needs a "break" from vidits then boom hes setting up his announcement. He has taken a few unofficials tho, last one was for the camp I believe

Syracuse (not sure which coaches) will be at St. Pat's tomorrow to see Nick Richards. One final pitch, maybe with some proof of a silent verbal?
Really ?

Don't you think Richards would be worried about Bamba commiting to uk?

Another interesting thing is that it appears they both know where each other is going . Decision to be made then retweet of quades "best class". lol im getting deep
Let the week long freakout begin!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom