Class of 2017 - PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PF Nick Richards (NJ) to Kentucky

Anyone remember when EJ mentioned SU late as a possible destination after decomitting from another school?? I guess we were fine at the center position...lol
That was an error by some crystal ball rookie. He was never considering SU.

That was an error by some crystal ball rookie. He was never considering SU.
I used the word "mentioned" carefully. Just the fact that a player of that calibre and position was available...should have been enough for SU to start sniffing around and get involved.

He wasn't available. He was going to UK if they offered. They found room for him and offered.
SU was top 3 with UK and Zona. But yes, UK was it once they offered.

Transfer

th

And it's a shame...his skillset...he would have shined defensively in the middle of the zone.

ala Thomas Bryant who was a Burger Boy but a fellow NY kid that was unknown from his class was drafted an entire round ahead of him. He would have been perfect in the middle of the zone

Not good? Disagree.
Other players ahead of him at UK? Yes.
Richards over Chewie and Sidibe the last 2 years? I think so. Rak climb potential if he had gone Orange.

And I disagree with this take. He's had ample playing opportunity to prove himself and couldn't hence Cal bringing in Reid Travis as a grad transfer. He could probably be a defensive anchor, but if you were expecting him to contribute the offensive end, I don't know what you've seen that everyone else hasn't.

ala Thomas Bryant who was a Burger Boy but a fellow NY kid that was unknown from his class was drafted an entire round ahead of him. He would have been perfect in the middle of the zone
While I understand your point about Bryant(he would have been a fabulous pickup)...being a McD AA, is not being unknown. I also don't know who your saying he was picked an entire round ahead of...Richards?(Still in school)

Id take Richards in a heartbeat. If he is transferring I really hope he looks at us. Its got to be a little enticing (even if he hates the zone) given the teams needs at this position. Does anyone recall who his primary recruiter was?

Id take Richards in a heartbeat. If he is transferring I really hope he looks at us. Its got to be a little enticing (even if he hates the zone) given the teams needs at this position. Does anyone recall who his primary recruiter was?
Me too this guy would help us tremendously!

Me too this guy would help us tremendously!

If he's not a grad x-fer, he wouldn't help us at all - for at least another year.
Pass.

While I understand your point about Bryant(he would have been a fabulous pickup)...being a McD AA, is not being unknown. I also don't know who your saying he was picked an entire round ahead of...Richards?(Still in school)
I think he was talking about Tyler Lydon... unknown NY kid to 1st rounder in 2-3 years

And I disagree with this take. He's had ample playing opportunity to prove himself and couldn't hence Cal bringing in Reid Travis as a grad transfer. He could probably be a defensive anchor, but if you were expecting him to contribute the offensive end, I don't know what you've seen that everyone else hasn't.

As someone that has found a lot of joy in watching Chukwu the past couple seasons, I feel it's necessary to say that there's a difference between being a legitimate offensive contributor and being a significant upgrade over Chukwu on that end.

In the very least, Richards is capable of catching the ball and going up with it. Per 40 minutes, Chuwku attempted 4.2 shots in his time here, which was good for 8 points per 40 minutes. Richards has attempted 7.8 per 40 for Kentucky at slightly worse but still great efficiency, good for 13.5 points per 40 minutes.

If Richards were able to get immediate eligibility by some stroke of luck, I'd take him here in a heartbeat; certainly over guys like Jesse Edwards. Not sure I would want to wait a year for Richards, though he may still be our best option at that time anyways.

No Lydon came to SU the same year TB went to IU. They both stayed two years at their schools. Lydon was drafted in the 20s and Bryant in the 40s. If you look at their rankings coming out it wasn't even close. Don't think TB could have done any worse for his draft stock coming to Cuse. In fact I think he would have been drafted higher.

Red was all over this one.

If he's not a grad x-fer, he wouldn't help us at all - for at least another year.
Pass.

I understand where your coming from, we have a desperate need at the center position which I would love to address this year and if we can get a Smits type of grad transfer I would take that too in a heartbeat. That said, if it comes down to Richards or Edwards or even the potential transfer from La Tech, id take Richards. I am a huge advocate of regular transfers in our program. Sitting out and redshirting a year helps to get them acclimated to the program and system (ie. zone), getting them in good academic standing, and giving them a year to physically mature and build chemistry with the team is huge. But were starting to go down a rabbit hole hear, for all we know he isn't going anywhere, and if he does transfer he may not even look at us so there that too.

I understand where your coming from, we have a desperate need at the center position which I would love to address this year and if we can get a Smits type of grad transfer I would take that too in a heartbeat. That said, if it comes down to Richards or Edwards or even the potential transfer from La Tech, id take Richards. I am a huge advocate of regular transfers in our program. Sitting out and redshirting a year helps to get them acclimated to the program and system (ie. zone), getting them in good academic standing, and giving them a year to physically mature and build chemistry with the team is huge. But were starting to go down a rabbit hole hear, for all we know he isn't going anywhere, and if he does transfer he may not even look at us so there that too.
Carey(JG3)
Buddy(goodine)
Hughes (Guerrier)
Guerrier (dolejaz) (Braswell)
Richards (Sidibe)
Could have this lineup for 2 years. 2020 could be special

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics