Oshae Brissett | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

Like I said before Kentucky is making that late push, it's going to be close but I still think he ends up Orange. His camp keeps things very close to the vest but he's made the trip to Cuse a lot and gels well with our players and will be our point guard, he loves that. Unfornately, Kentucky says he's "their guy " and are comparing him to Ulis so it's going to be close
You have to love how after two or three other guys, now he is "their guy". If he falls for that, he is a fool. And I don't think he is a fool.

Like I said before Kentucky is making that late push, it's going to be close but I still think he ends up Orange. His camp keeps things very close to the vest but he's made the trip to Cuse a lot and gels well with our players and will be our point guard, he loves that. Unfornately, Kentucky says he's "their guy " and are comparing him to Ulis so it's going to be close
Why would comparing him to Ulis be a good thing? I would think that Quade would have higher aspirations

Why would comparing him to Ulis be a good thing? I would think that Quade would have higher aspirations
He likes the way they used Ulis and saw the success he had in their system.

As far as being "their guy" Kentucky would take a commitment from 3 point guards right now so yes it is foolish to believe. But players like playing with Quade over the other PG options and Coach Cal realizes that and has amped up his pursuit in Quade.

He likes the way they used Ulis and saw the success he had in their system.

As far as being "their guy" Kentucky would take a commitment from 3 point guards right now so yes it is foolish to believe. But players like playing with Quade over the other PG options and Coach Cal realizes that and has amped up his pursuit in Quade.

Any idea what we would do if we lose out here? Seems like we don't have many options at the guard and wing positions.

Any idea what we would do if we lose out here? Seems like we don't have many options at the guard and wing positions.
Don't have an answer for that but we would still have Frank, we'll get prospects, we could look into the grad transfers again but the problem is you don't know whose available until the seasons over so there's uncertainty

Stick with Frank, ramp up our pursuit of some of the combos, and look for a guard as a fifth year transfer.

I like Frank a lot, just concerned about the 2/3 positions as they are typically the main scorers for us.

Ulis was an outstanding player last year there and total PG. Smaller guy like Quade. I would thing someone being compared to Ulis would be a VERY good thing, lol. Not even a debate, frankly.

Ulis was an outstanding player last year there and total PG. Smaller guy like Quade. I would thing someone being compared to Ulis would be a VERY good thing, lol. Not even a debate, frankly.
Except that Ulis stayed for 2 years. Cal did not give him the keys until he was a soph. Green wants the ball from day one.

Except that Ulis stayed for 2 years. Cal did not give him the keys until he was a soph. Green wants the ball from day one.
Ulis had to deal with Andrew Harrison in his first year. Cal isn't expecting De'Aaron Fox(projected top 10 pick) to be around next year. So he's telling Quade that he'll be running the show from day one.

Ulis had to deal with Andrew Harrison in his first year. Cal isn't expecting De'Aaron Fox(projected top 10 pick) to be around next year. So he's telling Quade that he'll be running the show from day one.
Just guessing--but I bet Ulis was promised what Green is now being promised. My point being, such promises aren't always kept, for reasons within and outside of the control of the head coach. (And--my bias--I don't trust Cal.)

Of course Ulis was there two years. Green isn't likely a one and done wherever he goes and will have some competition most places he is looking like unlike an Ennis when there was nobody else.

Of course Ulis was there two years. Green isn't likely a one and done wherever he goes and will have some competition most places he is looking like unlike an Ennis when there was nobody else.

That's somewhat my point when comparing SU and UK. I think he will be a one year guy at SU. Probably not at UK. At SU he would get 39.6 mpg and be the face of a top program. Our record in making border line guys early draft picks speaks for itself.

And by borderline, I mean in a given year. Grant, Ennis, Fab, G, Richardson, MCW, et al. Guys who probably weren't projected to be draft picks at the start of the season who were drafted at the end of that season.

That's somewhat my point when comparing SU and UK. I think he will be a one year guy at SU. Probably not at UK. At SU he would get 39.6 mpg and be the face of a top program. Our record in making border line guys early draft picks speaks for itself.

And by borderline, I mean in a given year. Grant, Ennis, Fab, G, Richardson, MCW, et al. Guys who probably weren't projected to be draft picks at the start of the season who were drafted at the end of that season.

You think Quade is getting 39+ minutes if Howard is here? Or are you expecting Howard to blow up and declare for the draft? It's all speculative so no sense really getting into this too in depth, regardless. I just want Green badly, ha.

You think Quade is getting 39+ minutes if Howard is here? Or are you expecting Howard to blow up and declare for the draft? It's all speculative so no sense really getting into this too in depth, regardless. I just want Green badly, ha.

They'll play together in the backcourt IMO.

Starting PG at UK from Day 1 pretty much makes you a de facto a 1st round pick. He will no doubt have the weapons around him at UK to show off his passing ability and his ability to run a team (as a freshman). Not saying he wouldn't do that here, because I think he would - but it's hard to deny the lure of UK. We've been after Quade for a long long time, while Cal hopped on late (per usual). So I guess we will see if Quade values our loyalty or not.

jdubs30 said:
Starting PG at UK from Day 1 pretty much makes you a de facto a 1st round pick. He will no doubt have the weapons around him at UK to show off his passing ability and his ability to run a team (as a freshman). Not saying he wouldn't do that here, because I think he would - but it's hard to deny the lure of UK. We've been after Quade for a long long time, while Cal hopped on late (per usual). So I guess we will see if Quade values our loyalty or not.

Not necessarily true. The reason they have guys go in the first round is because they have been projected there before they even choose UK. In fact, the Harrison brothers played themselves out of the first round. Skal played himself out of the lottery. Cal doesn't "get guys to the league", he provides a cushy place to spend a year until they are eligible for the draft. Very minimal, if any, development.

No I'm just going off history, usually a player of this caliber gets monster minutes at SU. Like leading the country in minutes type minutes. Thats all I meant.

I agree, if you are starting PG at UK. What I am getting at is that there is a risk that he will not be the starting PG there. Cal could recruit over him before he sets foot on campus. He could have made some promise to the agent of one of his other guys that he would get the glamor minutes at PG and QG gets the scraps, etc. In that event, you are suddenly a very invisible "bust" in that system. High risk. At Syracuse, there is an extended track record of players exactly like QG, and lesser, going in the first round and even lottery after one year of big minutes.

Quade is 5'11" without shoes, a tick over 6 feet with shoes. Whether he goes to Syracuse, UK, where ever, he has limited NBA upside because of his lack of height and not being a jaw dropping athlete. It's not that he won't make the NBA, but it is unlikely that he would ever be a lottery pick. He'll no doubt be a fantastic college player, but no matter his college success, he'll have much to prove to NBA executives.

Not necessarily true. The reason they have guys go in the first round is because they have been projected there before they even choose UK. In fact, the Harrison brothers played themselves out of the first round. Skal played himself out of the lottery. Cal doesn't "get guys to the league", he provides a cushy place to spend a year until they are eligible for the draft. Very minimal, if any, development.
Oh I agree. I don't think Cal does anything special other than get guys who are already projected 1st rounders. My point was the allure of UK and their NBA pipeline is hard to ignore. Who's the last starting PG for Cal that didn't get drafted?

I agree, if you are starting PG at UK. What I am getting at is that there is a risk that he will not be the starting PG there. Cal could recruit over him before he sets foot on campus. He could have made some promise to the agent of one of his other guys that he would get the glamor minutes at PG and QG gets the scraps, etc. In that event, you are suddenly a very invisible "bust" in that system. High risk. At Syracuse, there is an extended track record of players exactly like QG, and lesser, going in the first round and even lottery after one year of big minutes.
I'm with you - Cal's a scumbag. I'm sure he tells all 10 guys that they'll be a focal point of the offense, etc. If Quade wants to get to league, he can do it at Syracuse too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom