Oshae Brissett | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

I would say that he's a standard 4. He is very athletic in his build but doesn't have the shooting capabilities or ball handling at this point to be considered a three. I see him and Moyer battling each other for minutes this year, and I'm a little more bullish on Brissett because he is more athletic.

Though not as tight a handle as a 3's, he seemed very comfortable penetrating and moving the ball in his highlight vids. But then again, they're highlight vids.

Though not as tight a handle as a 3's, he seemed very comfortable penetrating and moving the ball in his highlight vids. But then again, they're highlight vids.
He feels like a slightly smaller and slightly less athletic Jerami Grant. Doesn't look as long either. So IMO a 4 with some 3 skills.

He feels like a slightly smaller and slightly less athletic Jerami Grant. Doesn't look as long either. So IMO a 4 with some 3 skills.
With where we're at as a team, I think that's ideal for a 4 recruit.

Like Paulie said though, I think he's a better shooter than Grant was/is from what he showed this year so I think he can be a solid stretch 4

I was going to give the Grant comparison as well. He does have some touch shooting the ball, but he more than likely won't be shooting a ton of jumpers next year. Think he is probably a little more comfortable dribbling than Grant. So as you said a 4 with some 3 skills.

He signed scholarship papers...but the staff has reached out to him today.

He is coming.

Scholarship papers are binding on the school but not on the recruit, so getting a verbal commitment is important here.

Scholarship papers are binding on the school but not on the recruit, so getting a verbal commitment is important here.
And doesn't his signed LOI bind him to the school? So it's taken care of from both sides.

Can Brissett be a 35% perimeter shooter?

Or is that part of his game to be developed?

And doesn't his signed LOI bind him to the school? So it's taken care of from both sides.

But Jake said he signed scholarship papers, which I take to mean signed scholarship papers and not an LOI.

But Jake said he signed scholarship papers, which I take to mean signed scholarship papers and not an LOI.
Yeah I'm assuming based off the thread title then that he has signed both a LOI and a financial agreement.

What are folks' thoughts on Oshae's contributions next season?
mpg? ppg? rpg? 3pt%?
Can he be effective as the 3 or is he lacking that skillset (taking his man off the dribble, jump shots)?

What are folks' thoughts on Oshae's contributions next season?
mpg? ppg? rpg? 3pt%?
Can he be effective as the 3 or is he lacking that skillset (taking his man off the dribble, jump shots)?

Really impossible to tell MPG, PPG, or RPG considering how much our roster can still change from now until then. If we don't add anybody significant before the new season begins, then I think it's obvious he'll have to play immediately, and play a significant amount considering the current roster makeup. But if we add a graduate SF/PF, the need for O'Shae next year decreases.

In terms of 3 point shooting, I wouldn't set your expectations anywhere above the 28-34% range. If he exceeds that on decent volume, take it as a pleasant surprise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom