Oshae Brissett | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

I think they are looking at this kid as a developmental player, but someone they feel could be more of a /3 rather than a 3/4 down the road. Kids form look workable and his handle is a bit rough but not terrible (from what I could tell on a 2 min highlight real). If he doesn't develop that way then you have some athleticism and depth at the 3. As others have said there are a ton of open scholarships that are going to be available in this class. I don't mind if they take a chance on this kid.

I think he is so different than Moyer though.

I don't have a problem with both of them being program guys because they are both so different. Moyer is that athletic kid who will never bang down low as much. I see Brisset as the kid that hits the glass hard and runs the floor well. I would compare Brisset to Roberson and Moyer to more of a Kris Joseph type.

I disagree with you assessment of Moyer. Moyer is a decent athlete and he does like to run but the idea that he doesn't like to bang down low is not accurate. He's a great rebounder and he plays nothing like Kris Joseph. Moyer biggest deficiency down low is that he's not a shot blocker but he's a physical player.

Lots of debate about his height. He's definitely not 6'6, and I think his measurements on various sites databases haven't been updated in years. He measured back in the spring at 6'9, but personally I think he's closer to 6'8, which is why I compared him physically to how T-Rob was back in HS at the similar stage.
DraftExpress NBA Draft Prospect Profile: O'Shae Brissett, Stats, Comparisons, and Outlook

Yes, he's got that motor and a bit of a nasty streak. Very focused on the floor. I think offensively he's a bit more skilled that T-Rob, but maybe doesn't quite have the springs (pre-knee injury to old number 33). T-Rob could get up and block that bitch. That's why I call him potentially a blend of Roberts and Ryan Blackwell.

Yes, he's got that motor and a bit of a nasty streak. Very focused on the floor. I think offensively he's a bit more skilled that T-Rob, but maybe doesn't quite have the springs (pre-knee injury to old number 33). T-Rob could get up and block that bitch. That's why I call him potentially a blend of Roberts and Ryan Blackwell.
Well I was actually talking about Roberson lol, but it's all good.

Trying to catch up on some of these threads.

He looks much more like a PF in this highlight than the other. Looks like he is big enough to play either forward spot for us and quick enough to give PF and C trouble staying in front of him. I really liked how aggressive he was going to the basket. Hope he shoots free throws well because he looks like he will get to the line a lot.

Good frame, with shoulders and a chest that can handle more mass.

Love that he tries to dunk everything near the rim.

IMO, he reminds me of the type of PF that NCSU always has on their roster.

Seen him play a few months ago and loved his game. Always in motion, working both ends of the floor. Decent handle for his size. Take charge type of guy. Made me think of Stevie Thompson and Chris Mullin for his relentless style and effort. Not a bad shot although I wouldn't think of him as a shooter. Would be a great asset imo.

I think USC too.
They wanted him to come in for the 2016 class and he declined. USC may make his final four but I don't view them as a serious threat like Oregon. Oregon has a Canadian assistant who is very plugged in out there for those wondering about the connection. I think Jamal Murray, who Cal stole at the last minute is the only Canadian player that he has missed out on since being an assistant out there.

They wanted him to come in for the 2016 class and he declined. USC may make his final four but I don't view them as a serious threat like Oregon. Oregon has a Canadian assistant who is very plugged in out there for those wondering about the connection. I think Jamal Murray, who Cal stole at the last minute is the only Canadian player that he has missed out on since being an assistant out there.

He must speak fluent Canadian. It really puts the kids at ease!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom