Class of 2016 - PF Sedee Keita (SC) Transferring from St Johns to FIU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PF Sedee Keita (SC) Transferring from St Johns to FIU

Finally some real footage of the big man. Looks pretty good. Larry David.png

Finally some real footage of the big man. Looks pretty good.View attachment 23000
Not bad, looks pretty skilled, but not all that athletic. It would have been nice to see him finish with his left a couple of times at the rim. But, he has a couple of years to improve. I like the shotting stroke, not too many big guys can shoot like that. How is his rebounding?

Not bad, looks pretty skilled, but not all that athletic. It would have been nice to see him finish with his left a couple of times at the rim. But, he has a couple of years to improve. I like the shotting stroke, not too many big guys can shoot like that. How is his rebounding?
http://syracusefan.com/threads/recruiting-updates.51912/page-31#post-1120764
Wrote about his defensive presence and abilities in the link above. Hoping to get more viewings of him during the upcoming HS season.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/recruiting-updates.51912/page-31#post-1120764
Wrote about his defensive presence and abilities in the link above. Hoping to get more viewings of him during the upcoming HS season.
I remember reading that. That is very encouragine. If I were putting together his highlight video, I would include more of those things, along with his jumpshot. Because, from that video alone, he looks a bit sluggish, but highly skilled. But, couple your evaluation (which I put great faith in) and that video, and he starts to seem like a kid that is developing a complete game. I like it.

I remember reading that. That is very encouragine. If I were putting together his highlight video, I would include more of those things, along with his jumpshot. Because, from that video alone, he looks a bit sluggish, but highly skilled. But, couple your evaluation (which I put great faith in) and that video, and he starts to seem like a kid that is developing a complete game. I like it.
You're right about the athleticism as he's not a high riser, but isn't a slow stiff neither. Looks to be a solid prospect with good upside. Will be fun to see how he progresses over the next few years.

You're right about the athleticism as he's not a high riser, but isn't a slow stiff neither. Looks to be a solid prospect with good upside. Will be fun to see how he progresses over the next few years.
Absolutely. I just assume he stays underrated and just develops some post moves to go along with the nice range on his jumpshot and come to SU for four years of solid play.

Much improved. Didn't look like it was against great competition but I love his willingness to bang around and other than showing absolutely no left hand on offense he showed more than I expected. He's obviously more of a face-up/garbageman around the rim guy than he is a back to the basket player. Seems like he's working on adding the back to the basket stuff but it was pretty raw looking to me. Reminds me a little bit of a bigger less bouncy Montreaz Harrell. Good face up jumper, high energy rebounded and shot blocker who also has a nice 1 or 2 dribble blow by.

Much improved. Didn't look like it was against great competition but I love his willingness to bang around and other than showing absolutely no left hand on offense he showed more than I expected. He's obviously more of a face-up/garbageman around the rim guy than he is a back to the basket player. Seems like he's working on adding the back to the basket stuff but it was pretty raw looking to me. Reminds me a little bit of a bigger less bouncy Montreaz Harrell. Good face up jumper, high energy rebounded and shot blocker who also has a nice 1 or 2 dribble blow by.
I like the Harrell comparison. He strikes me like a Louisville big. One that would start out a defensive monster and develop into a more complete player by junior year.

I think he scored about 4 pts a game at the recent EYBL event. Would like to see him in game action to get a better sense of his real level of play. We all hear the adage bigs develop slower, but we need to be real selective the next couple years with the limited schollys.

Doesn't have the ups or glide yet, but he moves around the court, moves to the basket, and the way his jumper looks reminds me of this guy:
images

Last edited:
Found some highlights of the 14-15 season. See how many of you say holy after the first highlight like I did. He's really gotten better since last year.

That music in background needs to go, started sounding the theme from Psycho at times.

Oh, Chit ... he's got a jump shot .. at 6'11"? Ooops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom