Class of 2018 - PF Simi Shittu (CN) to Vanderbilt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Simi Shittu (CN) to Vanderbilt

I'm going to guess this was an autocorrect, but given the subject changing Devendorf to depending is absolutely hilarious.
The line of "This reminds me of the time Doris But Rd me said" really made me laugh too.

There is a lot to like about his game. Hopefully Cuse stays heavily involved.

This is his latest quote on recruiting...

“UConn, Louisville, Washington, UCLA, Maryland are some of the main schools that are in the mix for me,” he told MADE Hoops. “Those have been contacting me basically every day.”

“UConn, Louisville, Washington, UCLA, Maryland are some of the main schools that are in the mix for me,” he told MADE Hoops. “Those have been contacting me basically every day.”
Where are we. What the heck

This is how it works now. Coaches need to call these kids every day. Quade said over a month ago that Calipari calls him multiple times every day.

This is how it works now. Coaches need to call these kids every day. Quade said over a month ago that Calipari calls him multiple times every day.
Multiple times everyday sounds more like a stalking ex girlfriend. Usually that gets you a restraining order, not a LOI!

Well, damn. I wish he had been wearing #15 for a reason.

Hameir Wright may be a bigger priority? If we get him our front court is set long term. We need to focus on guards and and elite Small forwards.

Hameir Wright may be a bigger priority? If we get him our front court is set long term. We need to focus on guards and and elite Small forwards.

Remember he's like TOP20
Mcyd in 2018.

While watching Cuse target Eric Ayala and Putnam play Vermont Academy today in Springfield, I got an absolute eyeful from Simi. To be honest, he was everything that Chris McCullough wanted to be when he was here for his cameo performance. At 6-10, Simi drilled a 3 with a smooth-looking shot, he converted on 5 of 7 shots from inside the arc - including some tough inside moves - and he made 8 of 10 free throws. He was without question extremely efficient and was an offensive force who also showed a surprisingly adept handle as well as court vision. One play in particular stood out: He drove the lane with a defender riding him in the paint and then kicked it to the corner to a teammate who buried the 3. I think he had 4 or 5 assists, and he also pulled down 8 rebounds. To top it off, he looks incredibly athletic; the interception of a cross-court pass he made when Putnam was pressing was a WOW moment. I'm not sure where we stand with this guy - I know we offered him a ways back - but I sure would love to have him on our team. Maybe Frances has some inside info on our chances. Hop was there, ostensibly to see Ayala, but it was damn hard to overlook this kid. My fear is that he might have such a high ceiling that he will go the way of so many others. He has the feel of a Duke or Kansas kid to me? But my fingers are crossed. Most impressive!

While watching Cuse target Eric Ayala and Putnam play Vermont Academy today in Springfield, I got an absolute eyeful from Simi. To be honest, he was everything that Chris McCullough wanted to be when he was here for his cameo performance. At 6-10, Simi drilled a 3 with a smooth-looking shot, he converted on 5 of 7 shots from inside the arc - including some tough inside moves - and he made 8 of 10 free throws. He was without question extremely efficient and was an offensive force who also showed a surprisingly adept handle as well as court vision. One play in particular stood out: He drove the lane with a defender riding him in the paint and then kicked it to the corner to a teammate who buried the 3. I think he had 4 or 5 assists, and he also pulled down 8 rebounds. To top it off, he looks incredibly athletic; the interception of a cross-court pass he made when Putnam was pressing was a WOW moment. I'm not sure where we stand with this guy - I know we offered him a ways back - but I sure would love to have him on our team. Maybe Frances has some inside info on our chances. Hop was there, ostensibly to see Ayala, but it was damn hard to overlook this kid. My fear is that he might have such a high ceiling that he will go the way of so many others. He has the feel of a Duke or Kansas kid to me? But my fingers are crossed. Most impressive!
Every time when he mentions the schools that are recruiting him the hardest, SU is never mentioned. Plus nobody from our staff has been on the Vermont Academy campus to check him out this season so far.

Every time when he mentions the schools that are recruiting him the hardest, SU is never mentioned. Plus nobody from our staff has been on the Vermont Academy campus to check him out this season so far.
Thanks for the disappointing info. Any idea why we're taking this tact? Do we make an offer to a kid and then make the judgment that he isn't the type of kid who would come our way? Obviously, there is much we don't know behind the scenes, but this seems truly puzzling. When we make an offer to a kid like this and don't follow up on it, is it something they say that causes us to turn away? Or is it their "handlers?" I just don't get it. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when stuff like this happens.

:bang::bang::bang:

Thanks for the disappointing info. Any idea why we're taking this tact? Do we make an offer to a kid and then make the judgment that he isn't the type of kid who would come our way? Obviously, there is much we don't know behind the scenes, but this seems truly puzzling. When we make an offer to a kid like this and don't follow up on it, is it something they say that causes us to turn away? Or is it their "handlers?" I just don't get it. I'd love to be a fly on the wall when stuff like this happens.
It's still early in the process and the staff could eventually turn up the heat for him at some point.

Reactions: 007
It's still early in the process and the staff could eventually turn up the heat for him at some point.

Not sure how interested Shittu is in SU, but we should be beating his door down. As we talked about a year ago, Shittu could easily be a top 5 talent in his class.

I don't understand the thought process here.

Nice to see Hop out on the grind.
C20Lr4jWQAA_-Gi.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom