Taurean Thompson | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

What? Tyus battle, Matt Moyer and Taurean Thompson are top 100 players. In the country... 3/3...
I was talking geographically... Seems like we stick with NE, Mid-Atlantic, a little Mid-West these days...
A lot of the top big men seem to be coming from the Gulf Coast including TX and CA these days...

Last edited:
I don't think we are a national recruiting program anymore... This becomes a problem because I think, just like football, the best or more athletes/Big-men tend to be in the South and West these days... California, Texas, Deep South don't seem to be fertile recruiting grounds for us anymore...
Sanctions hurt the program,no doubt and that lies atJimmy's feet It will be up to him to helpto help the new coaching staff to bring in the big men and talent now and soon. Thompson would be a great first step. Backing up Chukwu or flat out making Chukwu the back up would Make the Orange a big player in the March tournament. I believe next year's team is going to be one of those big years much remembered kind of year. I want Lydon not to be playing the low post man replacing anyone. Concentrate on his game and body strength. He along with Moyer ,Roberson and Chucky we should dominate the boards without fouling out the team do do it.

I was talking geographically... Seems like we stick with NE, Mid-Atlantic, a little Mid-West these days...
A lot of the top big men seem to be coming from the Gulf Coast including TX and CA these days...
Bamba is in PA and Richards is from NYC, those are two top 15 big men in 2017. And Zach Brown is from CT, but he is off the table. He is top 20.

If Richardson doesn't come back, we'll have three players on the floor who can't score. I doubt they would even make the tournament. Chukwu, Roberson, and Howard can't score and we don't even have another shooting guard in the program. Battle isn't known for the three ball either. It would be another painful offensive team.

If Richardson doesn't come back, we'll have three players on the floor who can't score. I doubt they would even make the tournament. Chukwu, Roberson, and Howard can't score and we don't even have another shooting guard in the program. Battle isn't known for the three ball either. It would be another painful offensive team.

What the ?

ShitHawk2.gif

Attachments

• Bubbles-trailer-park-boys-eyes.gif
    Bubbles-trailer-park-boys-eyes.gif
    104.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Lydon can definitely score and I expect him to score much more next year. Frank will score his baskets on his drives. Roberson can score as well. he averages 10 points and will have a great senior year. We wouldnt be great, but it wouldnt be a total disaster either. But Malachi isnt going anywhere, he has a chance to be a lottery pick next year. No sense in entering a loaded draft this year when his stock isnt high to begin with.

Hell. That's it. I'm outta here until 2019. Wake me when we score over 60 points again.

Lydon can definitely score and I expect him to score much more next year. Frank will score his baskets on his drives. Roberson can score as well. he averages 10 points and will have a great senior year. We wouldnt be great, but it wouldnt be a total disaster either. But Malachi isnt going anywhere, he has a chance to be a lottery pick next year. No sense in entering a loaded draft this year when his stock isnt high to begin with.
Especially since he isn't playing his real position this year.

SU has everything in place to recruit as a national program in B-Ball. The problem is that JB chooses not to recruit like one and prefers to keep things regional with the exception of a few here and there. Hop is obviously younger and will have the motivation to expand the recruiting grounds when he takes over. Lots of talent coming out of the GA/FL area over the next few years. Would love to see Hop hire a well connected guy from those parts to go along with Red and GMac, when rounding out his staff.
Great to have you back on the board, Francis!! As far as Thompson ... JB returned from down south at 1AM on Monday morning. Since he's over 70, no doubt he was exhausted from the trip. All the same, for some strange reason, he turned around and got back on a plane the very same day .. just to meet with a lousy "top-100" recruit, who doesn't have much size, can't run the floor or block shots, can't shoot and probably won't help us rebounding. ;) I wish someone would have explained this to JB so he didn't waste his time like that. lol.

Great to have you back on the board, Francis!! As far as Thompson ... JB returned from down south at 1AM on Monday morning. Since he's over 70, no doubt he was exhausted from the trip. All the same, for some strange reason, he turned around and got back on a plane the very same day .. just to meet with a lousy "top-100" recruit, who doesn't have much size, can't run the floor or block shots, can't shoot and probably won't help us rebounding. ;) I wish someone would have explained this to JB so he didn't waste his time like that. lol.
My sarcasm meter has lost its batteries again. Maybe I should a get solar powered version. :D

Not that you guys couldn't find this as easily as I did, but a relatively recent highlight video of Thompson. Showing the around the basket skills that I saw in person a couple months ago. I'm guessing that he would like the idea of playing on the wing as well, given that his size projects as a PF at the professional level. Would really provide a lot of balance to our frontcourt for a couple years, which would be nice. We'll see.

That dude looks and plays angry! I like it!

Yeah, a guy that might even be on Christmas' level when it comes to nasty looks. Angry enough to almost beat down his own player. Love it.

Reminds me - Rak too busy giving the other team the stare down to even high five his own teammate.

10478137-large.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I had posted this when people suggested Moyer was going to start over him. He started playing a lot better immediately.
Earlier in the season I wondered if Lydon should start over him; then Robi immediately went off. The last 8-10 games, he's had a few minor stretches of ineffectiveness (not getting a rb in the first half against UVA) but his rebounding consistency (over 9 rpg) has really improved and we need his offense (about 10 ppg on 8 field goal attempts).

Just think about what this kid would be like with a jump shot.

Earlier in the season I wondered if Lydon should start over him; then Robi immediately went off. The last 8-10 games, he's had a few minor stretches of ineffectiveness (not getting a rb in the first half against UVA) but his rebounding consistency (over 9 rpg) has really improved and we need his offense (about 10 ppg on 8 field goal attempts).

Just think about what this kid would be like with a jump shot.

Just think what he would be doing if he could hit 70% of his FTs. With that being said, he has really stepped it up the last month or so.

Just think what he would be doing if he could hit 70% of his FTs. With that being said, he has really stepped it up the last month or so.
Yes, his free throws are like dead squirrels. That doesn't help down the stretch in tight games. Still, the one thing a jumpshooting team needs is a talented offensive rebounder. And he's all that.

Yeah, a guy that might even be on Christmas' level when it comes to nasty looks. Angry enough to almost beat down his own player. Love it.

Reminds me - Rak too busy giving the other team the stare down to even high five his own teammate.

View attachment 55107

One of my favorite memories was standing in the lobby of the team hotel in Buffalo in 2014 as the players came down to board the bus. Rak strides through with his game face on looking like an assassin but kind of offset the intimidation factor when he walked by and we saw the SpongeBob SquarePants backpack.

One of my favorite memories was standing in the lobby of the team hotel in Buffalo in 2014 as the players came down to board the bus. Rak strides through with his game face on looking like an assassin but kind of offset the intimidation factor when he walked by and we saw the SpongeBob SquarePants backpack.

That's what I loved about Rak (still do, but just don't get to see him much anymore). A guy who is intimidating as hell on the court but off the court, a normal, everyday dude. That's the kind of guy that "Gets It".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom