Taurean Thompson | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

Yeah, proximity I suspect. He is from Jersey City so a short drive to SHU. Still, I imagine since SU is not too far from home, that playing with the big boys would put us over the top.
2045310743_b595dbd1fe.jpg
Syracuse or Seton Hall? Gee, let me think about that one for a few months. Really?

Cusefan0307 said:
If Pittsburgh and Georgetown are getting involved, I suspect we have no room... Appeal ever going to be listened to?

Those schools figure they might as well get involved because he hasn't committed and the SU situation hasn't been settled.

We can't even be certain if Coleman will be back next year. And if someone like Malachi explodes, maybe he goes pro...because we all know it doesn't take much for an SU player to declare early.

Those schools figure they might as well get involved because he hasn't committed and the SU situation hasn't been settled.

We can't even be certain if Coleman will be back next year. And if someone like Malachi explodes, maybe he goes pro...because we all know it doesn't take much for an SU player to declare early.

TinyManInside compared Malachi to Devin Booker, who was taken on upside as he was a solid but unspectacular player for UK last year. They both have very similar games and sizes. I think it is just as likely that Malachi tests the waters, especially if he continues to average 10+ pts and shows an ability to put the ball on the ground. I realize you weren't arguing against this, just using your mention to say I wouldn't worry about a spot opening up. Chino could also be in line to graduate after 3 years, we have no idea.

If be shocked if he doesn't come here now that a scholy is opened up.

Ditto.

And now that we've got some flexibility with an extra scholarship each year, I can't wait to see how the class of 2017 [where we're involved with numerous top prospects] will shape up. Could be a top notch class, with ~3 scholarships to fill.

this thread probably is not the place for it, but what the heck... I have to wonder if (when) Thompson commits, DC and/or Chino given the "straight talk" conversation at season's end...

Don't see why we would need to do that 3 new guys- 2 seniors plus an extra schollie. Everyone can come back. I'm not sold on Dajuan not helping us going forward. I saw some strides today even if he didn't make his shots.
Right on, just that when Taurean arrives either DC or Chino will not leave the bench

Dajuan looked pretty good today. He looked like a totally different player. No way am I writing him off.

This. He's still working off the rust, and even if he only gets back to where he was 2+ years ago, that's still a lot of upside from here.
Plus, he remains a 6'9" 260+ lb human being, on a team otherwise devoid of such large men.

Ideally, next year with Chukwu, Thompson, and DC, that Chino sees little action in anything other than blowouts.

SUOrangeSU said:
I really see us giving CO the "talk", bring Taurean and get a 5th year player to help out on a magical team next year

Will. Not. Happen.

1) he's partly responsible for Chukwu's arrival and he is his best friend on the team.
2) he will graduate and help our APR
3) There's no need since we have the room

Dajuan looked pretty good today. He looked like a totally different player. No way am I writing him off.
Absolutely. Think about it: Roberson was a man on the glass today with 9 RB's in 37 minutes. DC had 8 RB's in 13 minutes. He just needs to play, gain confidence in his low-post game and not pick up so many fouls. We need him.

After investing so much in DC2... physically and emotionally ... plus him being a local kid ... plus his injuries being incurred and repaired here ... there is no way he will get a "talk" ... and deservedly not. He is SU afterall and a kid who deserves every bit of consideration!! As far as Chino ... he is still growing. While I am not sure any more time is going to save him ... he will be a Senior next year. No way on them both!!

I know DC had an "ok" game yesterday but his will be his last year. If not it will put SU behind in recruiting and in a spot it will take Hop a couple years to dig out of.

Next year Chukwu will be starting at the 5.
Last year Chukwu was a good player and you have to assum he is getting better this year well practicing with the team. So next year when he is a Jr it will be hard not to lose him to the NBA. Being 7'2" and an athlete like his is it looks like he will be a one year rental.

That would mean if DC stays we would lose at minimum DC, Chukwu, and Roberson at the same time. That's too many bigs in one year. And that's not mentioning the other players that might be gone (ie Tyus, Richardson, Lydon)

So long story shirt this is DCs last year.

I know DC had an "ok" game yesterday but his will be his last year. If not it will put SU behind in recruiting and in a spot it will take Hop a couple years to dig out of.

Next year Chukwu will be starting at the 5.
Last year Chukwu was a good player and you have to assum he is getting better this year well practicing with the team. So next year when he is a Jr it will be hard not to lose him to the NBA. Being 7'2" and an athlete like his is it looks like he will be a one year rental.

That would mean if DC stays we would lose at minimum DC, Chukwu, and Roberson at the same time. That's too many bigs in one year. And that's not mentioning the other players that might be gone (ie Tyus, Richardson, Lydon)

So long story shirt this is DCs last year.

Logical, but completely unsubstantiated.

The fact is, nobody knows what DC's future holds. He's going to have a choice, but he might not have options when it comes to playing for pay. Let's see if he can continue this trend of growth / improvement he's shown the last two games before deciding in advance that this will be his last year for whatever of a number of potential reasons.

Logical, but completely unsubstantiated.

The fact is, nobody knows what DC's future holds. He's going to have a choice, but he might not have options when it comes to playing for pay. Let's see if he can continue this trend of growth / improvement he's shown the last two games before deciding in advance that this will be his last year for whatever of a number of potential reasons.

Agreed, no one is going to force him out. We are in deep with some 2017 bigs as well. Staff knows that we will have some holes there.

SYR2RDU said:
I know DC had an "ok" game yesterday but his will be his last year. If not it will put SU behind in recruiting and in a spot it will take Hop a couple years to dig out of. Next year Chukwu will be starting at the 5. Last year Chukwu was a good player and you have to assum he is getting better this year well practicing with the team. So next year when he is a Jr it will be hard not to lose him to the NBA. Being 7'2" and an athlete like his is it looks like he will be a one year rental. That would mean if DC stays we would lose at minimum DC, Chukwu, and Roberson at the same time. That's too many bigs in one year. And that's not mentioning the other players that might be gone (ie Tyus, Richardson, Lydon) So long story shirt this is DCs last year.

I'm excited to have a 7'1 center in the back of our zone, but as a freshman last year he averaged 2.5 pts and rebounds, at Providence. DC averaged 5 and 4 as a freshman. You're also assuming that after 1 year, Chukwu is leaving. Not sure about that. He's got 3 years of eligibility and would have to show a lot more on the court next year to be drafted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom