Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Maybe there’s a reason he took down his SU and Villanova stuff from his social media. It’s all conjecture, but maybe someone else has jumped up on our list.

at some point we should be courting other options too. Don't want to be at the bar at closing time looking around at who's left to bring home. That never ends well!
Hope we move on. There’s plenty of guard (not necessarily PG) talent out there

Of course he is. And this kid is doing exactly what he should do. Get as much as he can get
But but but….what about the fans????? I love how people just assume that our coaching staff is completely blindsided by these types of situations and have no backup plan. Like Red is in his office pacing by the phone saying out loud “please call please call”.

Idiots

In all honesty, I don’t think this is true because I don’t think anyone would be this shortsighted…

BUT…

If I’m a casual observer and see the following, what should I infer from this sequence of events:

-Staff pursues guard from Mount St. Mary’s and is first known portal guard to visit
-Head coach Autry hires head coach from Mount St. Mary’s as assistant coach
-Guard from Mount St. Mary’s does not commit on visit, and secures visit to South Carolina along with other visits - somewhat out of blue

Of course this board believes it’s a money grab - I think it’s a money grab. But if I’m a casual observer, it also isn’t a great look for the staff to hire the head coach and not get the player along with him.*

* -(Nothing is 100% over until the kid commits, but I don’t think this is happening.

In all honesty, I don’t think this is true because I don’t think anyone would be this shortsighted…

BUT…

If I’m a casual observer and see the following, what should I infer from this sequence of events:

-Staff pursues guard from Mount St. Mary’s and is first known portal guard to visit
-Guard from Mount St. Mary’s does not commit on visit, and secures visit to South Carolina along with other visits - somewhat out of blue

Of course this board believes it’s a money grab - I think it’s a money grab. But if I’m a casual observer, it also isn’t a great look for the staff to hire the head coach and not get the player along with him.*

* -(Nothing is 100% over until the kid commits, but I don’t think this is happening.
Casual observer, Coach Red had a previous relationship with his head coach so it wasn’t a package deal. If everything was that simple in life.

Casual observer, Coach Red had a previous relationship with his head coach so it wasn’t a package deal. If everything was that simple in life.
It might be a contingent package deal where Dakota is free to seek out his best deal and Cuse can match.

I would like to think if numbers are equal that he would like to play for dear old Dad; otherwise, something is wrong.

BUT…

There’s lots that can be inferred at every step you listed. You just happen to infer the worst possible scenario which also infers the staff are morons. Maybe they are, maybe they aren’t. But nobody hired his coach just to get a player on the team. We can start there.