Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Kids a stud. Idc what anyone says. Look around there are big time players in the tourney from small schools or transferred from small schools all over. Dalton Knecht says hello. Talent translates regardless of what size D1 school you are.
I don’t think anyone is arguing he isn’t good, just questioning how this move solves a major problem from last year: trying to force a shoot first CG to become a traditional PG

I don’t think anyone is arguing he isn’t good, just questioning how this move solves a major problem from last year: trying to force a drive head down and try for force a foul first CG to become a traditional PG

FIFY- Judah was a head down bull his way into the paint to get a foul CG. Shoot first implies he is a shooter to which he is most definitely not. Leffew is a different kind of CG

FIFY- Judah was a head down bull his way into the paint to get a foul CG. Shoot first implies he is a shooter to which he is most definitely not. Leffew is a different kind of CG
Agree. I am not super excited about another combo at point, but I think we're definitely moving in the right direction. Judah who has a ton of individual talent, did not make this years team better.

My point was your claim that there was no drop off when he played against the top competition is extremely false.
I said "basically" no drop off. There was a very slight drop off. His TS% on the season was 58.6% and it dropped to 56.3%. 23 points and 8 rebounds per 40 dropped off to 21 points and 8 rebounds per 40. If you think that's a significant drop off, I fear what you think of Leffew's.

I said "basically" no drop off. There was a very slight drop off. His TS% on the season was 58.6% and it dropped to 56.3%. 23 points and 8 rebounds per 40 dropped off to 21 points and 8 rebounds per 40. If you think that's a significant drop off, I fear what you think of Leffew's.
I don’t really understand “true shooting percentage.” I mean, how do they even figure that? Anyhow, it’s interesting that Maliq Brown is 2nd in the country in TS%. If that’s so valued, then it would be nice if he returned.

Not that you triggered the debate - but it’s probably more realistic to compare PG to PG than a wing like Knecht in this kind of analysis too. Especially when it comes to efficiency numbers. Knecht was always good and looking at his numbers was clearly underrated as a grad txfr prospect to begin with which of course is obviously the case given he became one of the best players in the whole country.

I don’t really understand “true shooting percentage.” I mean, how do they even figure that? Anyhow, it’s interesting that Maliq Brown is 2nd in the country in TS%. If that’s so valued, then it would be nice if he returned.

It doesn’t factor the dynamics of position or difficulty of shots which can skew things a bit ( not that Maliq wasn’t an extremely efficient player just lower volume too)

Last edited:
You can keep looking at his TS% but I'm looking at his actual field goal % and am seeing a drop off and its more than slight.

Adds in FTs.

Edit: Sorry, not 3's. Just FTs.

eFG adds in 3's.

The formula is Points / (2 x (FGA + (0.44 x FTA))). Research basically showed that on average, 44% of free throws take up a possession (technical fouls and and-one's don't take a possession and 3 point fouls take slightly more, so instead of each free throw being worth half of a FGA, it's slightly less).

It basically just exists to help value 3 point shooting and free throws in a way that normal FG% do not.

Adds in FTs.

Edit: Sorry, not 3's. Just FTs.

eFG adds in 3's.
It does essentially add in 3's as well because for example if you took and made one FGA and it was a 3 versus someone doing the same with a 2, you end up with a TS% of 150% vs. 100%.

nah he announced that just to make Franky Pizza and that 181 poster feel better when he signs with us
If he’s a backup guard I’m ecstatic, too bad all indications are that he is being looked at as a starting guard. If you liked watching this years PG play then you’ll be thrilled.

Imagine if this goes a different direction and we hired who we hired as an assistant?

This board would be out of this world. And I wouldn't blame anyone.
He has a sharp agent