Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

yeah it'd be beyond weird to hire this guy's head coach as an assistant...have him for a recruiting visit...and somehow not be able to seal the deal lol

if he didnt like Engelstad, he wouldnt come for a visit, right?
I guess. But this kid is looking for what he thinks is best for him and his future. As was the coach. Those two things may or may not mesh. I think they probably will. He at least knows he will given a fair chance with his former coach on the staff.

I guess. But this kid is looking for what he thinks is best for him and his future. As was the coach. Those two things may or may not mesh. I think they probably will. He at least knows he will given a fair chance with his former coach on the staff.
My main concern is with Nova involved they can probably drop a much bigger bag than us.

Stat lines are the exact same outside a few less assist and a good not great 3pt %… not sure how anyone looks at that and thinks this is anything different from the last 8 years of forcing CGs into a PG position

Luckily staff doesn’t evaluate with such narrow minded primitive methods as you do.

Luckily staff doesn’t evaluate with such narrow minded primitive methods as you do.
I just looked at his 3 pt % vs the rest of last years pt guards in the ACC. His good but not great number? Only one starting pt guard in the ACC had a better 3 pt % than Leffew did. 37 or 38 % for a pt guard is great.

I just looked at his 3 pt % vs the rest of last years pt guards in the ACC. His good but not great number? Only one starting pt guard in the ACC had a better 3 pt % than Leffew did. 37 or 38 % for a pt guard is great.

Not to mention when you actually watch his games you can see all the positives and tendencies you want to have to then build in a player running the point. Things that as talented as Judah was we rarely saw from him if ever

1000007622.jpg

If Villanova has a bigger bag we are in trouble ..big teouble

I don't know this kid so I don't know what his goals are but he might be looking for other things besides just the biggest bag. NBA Dreams? So then what program offers him the best opportunity to show case his skills while winning on both sides of the ball? Education for life after basketball which school offers a better degree in his area of interest. etc. I think a younger player might be all about the bag but a senior I would imagine has other types of things he is also interested in.

Not to mention when you actually watch his games you can see all the positives and tendencies you want to have to then build in a player running the point. Things that as talented as Judah was we rarely saw from him if ever
Does the level of competition matter or no?

How will he like ☔️? Though Syracuse is paradise compared to Emmitsburg. They do have an excellent Catholic seminary but think the priesthood is out
I am originally from Syracuse, and I live and work about a half hour from Emmitsburg, and this just isn't true at all. If you are a city person (which I am not) I guess I can see your point, but if you aren't, it is quite picturesque in Emmitsburg and is only an hour away from Baltimore & DC.

I'll add that I don't think the player, the new assistant, or Red were caught off guard by the timing of any of this.

We still are in great shape here...