Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

I think we can all agree Cuffe showed absolutely nothing in the way of PG skills. I like him on the end of the bench I just don't see how we could want him handling the ball at any point. We are down BAD if that ever ends up materializing
I like him to be a spark off the bench, not a point but can play D, shoot and drive/get out in transition. We are going to get another decent ball handler, not worried about that at all. Would like to see a 10 man rotation and tire other teams out, get our guys a lot of PT

How easily folks spend other people’s money.
1- I said I was half kidding, it was a crazy idea that doesn’t even seem legal.

2- Syracuse is paying him a lot right now to do nothing. Do you not remember his press conference last year and what he said? He was mad at the university because the University didn’t initially offer him a cushy job with a high salary to Step aside too? He’s made in excess of 40 million dollars in his career and still raking in the money.

3- Seems like you also missed the part where I said Syracuse up his salary, meaning more than what he currently is getting paid to do nothing. And That money is what he uses for NIL? So hes not really using money that he would have had anyways. It would essentially be the University, the athletic departments money. Again, has to be legal to pay an employee a massive salary for them to turn it into NIL. so, said tongue in cheek.

And Leffew... When do we think he announces?

Yeah, good question. I think Leffew might have some more posts for us before it's all done and said.

I like him to be a spark off the bench, not a point but can play D, shoot and drive/get out in transition. We are going to get another decent ball handler, not worried about that at all. Would like to see a 10 man rotation and tire other teams out, get our guys a lot of PT

Maybe.

But after watching some game film [and not just highlight clips] of Leffew, he's pretty good. He could help our team, no matter what the role is. Typical small program guy who just seems to know how to play, and makes things happen.

Starter, bench reserve who plays big minutes -- whatever. Hope we land him, and then let the rest figure itself out.

Curious if anyone else has some ambivalence regarding Leffew? Seems like a nice player but not worth the money that Villanova is reportedly talking about. If somebody like Reynolds becomes available later, I would rather have spent the money on him. And there will be additional entries into the portal.

I do wonder if the Villanova report is accurate. I would’ve thought he would’ve just taken that kind of money if it was offered. Could be the agent trying to drive up the price for us or somebody else.

I also hope we have enough money after the point guard signing to get a guy who can shoot from the outside. That still seems to be a weakness for us.

Maybe.

But after watching some game film [and not just highlight clips] of Leffew, he's pretty good. He could help our team, no matter what the role is. Typical small program guy who just seems to know how to play, and makes things happen.

Starter, bench reserve who plays big minutes -- whatever. Hope we land him, and then let the rest figure itself out.
I thought he was talking about Cuffe

Curious if anyone else has some ambivalence regarding Leffew? Seems like a nice player but not worth the money that Villanova is reportedly talking about. If somebody like Reynolds becomes available later, I would rather have spent the money on him. And there will be additional entries into the portal.

I do wonder if the Villanova report is accurate. I would’ve thought he would’ve just taken that kind of money if it was offered. Could be the agent trying to drive up the price for us or somebody else.

I also hope we have enough money after the point guard signing to get a guy who can shoot from the outside. That still seems to be a weakness for us.
If you read this thread, there are a lot of people that have some ambivalence towards him. I am not one of them. I know the coaches have watched a ton of film on the guy. Plus, Nova and other schools really want him. That says something to me.

If you read this thread, there are a lot of people that have some ambivalence towards him. I am not one of them. I know the coaches have watched a ton of film on the guy. Plus, Nova and other schools really want him. That says something to me.
hey dash, do you think the "$400-500k" offer from Nova is legit?

If you read this thread, the ambivalence has somewhat dissipated, and the more other schools show interest the more people seem to want him. Kind of like when a guy moves up the draft board without playing another game. I feel there might be some irrational exuberance with this guy.

500k for this kid is ridiculous. 250-300k is fine.

I don't necessarily disagree but its 1 year not year over year. That makes it a much easier pill to swallow, however it also sets some high expectations. I think he's a very good player.

I don't necessarily disagree but its 1 year not year over year. That makes it a much easier pill to swallow, however it also sets some high expectations. I think he's a very good player.
I rather have a Dugg McDaniels caliber of player for $500k a year than Dakotta Leffew

I rather have a Dugg McDaniels caliber of player for $500k a year than Dakotta Leffew

Meh Dug was less efficient as a PG than Judah. Another high usage player.

Going to the highest bidder and 'getting yours' is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and not what college athletics has been about. Slippery slope, which I fear is already arrived and too late to turn back.
You're right. College athletics has been about taking advantage of high level athletes to bring in millions while paying out a pittance to those driving the revenue. Woohoo you get a scholarship, so does the bench warming flyer who was never going to pan out at your school.

Don’t forget Moore. He can flat out shoot the ball. He’s more than just a three point shooter too.