Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

What if it is a little of both. And I don't know. But if we gave hima number that we think he is worth, and that is the top of what we can offer, but he has got as higher offer...And the thing is, I have been told he wants to go to Syracuse.
I'm not as connected as you but I've also heard the same and that he's our #1 guy from people that would know. If both of those things are true, and he does NOT end up here, then it's almost undoubtedly because we didn't have enough, not we didn't want to give it up.

What if it is a little of both. And I don't know. But if we gave hima number that we think he is worth, and that is the top of what we can offer, but he has got as higher offer...And the thing is, I have been told he wants to go to Syracuse.
If he’s our number one target and seemingly the last piece to the puzzle you would hope we could find some way to make it work. Feels like we’ll be kicking ourselves if we don’t come up with the money here and have to turn to a backup plan. It’s such an important year for Red and I’m sure he feels the urgency so hopefully we can find a way to close the deal here.

All i know is i dont blame this kid for trying to use what the system is and get paid.

When i was 22 i would have licked the back of a toilet bowl for beer money repeatedly if people would have paid.
So your a Genny screamer fan:)

Agree. There’s NO WAY we hire his coach and just expected him to come without an agreement already in place. I’ve gotta believe these are two independent decisions.
Believe that they are two separate events with no dependency on the other.

I have been told that it is 100% about $$$. He wants us. But we are short on what we are either willing to pay or able to pay. I hope we can reach an agreement with him.
Not surprising and makes perfect sense watching it play out.

If it was purely about the money, he would have committed to Nova. Kid wants to play here, but sees there’s more $ elsewhere…right now.

Kid is being short sighted. If he wants to play pro ball needs to find the best staff and school that gives him the most eyeballs. Cuse fam takes care of players post basketball, and he gets a 100k a year education

Kid is being short sighted. If he wants to play pro ball needs to find the best staff and school that gives him the most eyeballs. Cuse fam takes care of players post basketball, and he gets a 100k a year education
Consider this year his first year of pro ball. Based on the schools hosting him he's going to play somewhere that's a step up in competition and exposure no matter what.

He's not being short sighted.

Last edited:
I worked at one place for 12 years they had something they called random drug testing, but they only ever chose people that would pass. The same 10 people were always chosen for the random test.
At one of my old jobs, the head of HR used to joke that they don’t do drug testing because they wouldn’t have anyone left to work there.

If he's our number 1 get and we're hat in hand and we don't match other P5 programs for him, hopefully it's because we won't... NOT because we can't.

The latter would obviously be very disappointing.

Just making assumptions but I would guess Leffew is our top guard target because the staff think he is the best guard in our affordability price range. Then Nova throwing him a larger offer and potentially other schools complicates things a bit.

Just making assumptions but I would guess Leffew is our top guard target because the staff think he is the best guard in our affordability price range. Then Nova throwing him a larger offer and potentially other schools complicates things a bit.
Another complication is the huge pay days that are being dished out. It keeps resetting the market. They see guys like Roach getting big money and say, "hey maybe I'm worth more than I originally thought."

Another complication is the huge pay days that are being dished out. It keeps resetting the market. They see guys like Roach getting big money and say, "hey maybe I'm worth more than I originally thought."
Agreed. And on the flip side of that, what are the guys who haven’t entered the portal thinking when they see their team offering X amount of dollars to bring in an unproven commodity. Gotta think it raises the market value all the way around whether a guy is in the portal or not. Also gotta think it messes with team dynamics and could create situations of jealousy, etc.

Hopefully we can find the money and make it work with Leffew and then Red gets real with understanding we have to get out there and push for NIL money.

Hopefully there is some collaboration going on with HCFB on that front too.
Unless we have deep pockets, we have know idea who Red or Wildhack are reaching out to.

Maybe we could all drink some pee to help fund our nil for Leffew.

I kid, I kid. Marsh is a nasty man, not the rest of us!
Dave Chappelle No GIF

If he’s our number one target and seemingly the last piece to the puzzle you would hope we could find some way to make it work. Feels like we’ll be kicking ourselves if we don’t come up with the money here and have to turn to a backup plan. It’s such an important year for Red and I’m sure he feels the urgency so hopefully we can find a way to close the deal here.

We found a way with Judah last year and hopefully we do the same this year.