Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

What is Bell getting to stay?
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Another complication is the huge pay days that are being dished out. It keeps resetting the market. They see guys like Roach getting big money and say, "hey maybe I'm worth more than I originally thought."
But don’t you think these numbers are being wildly inflated and the deals are hugely incentive laden (both individual and team) and most guys aren’t earning the top end of the NIL deals? Also agenda driven agents are inflating what clients are looking for and what they’re actually getting.

Last edited:
If he's our number 1 get and we're hat in hand and we don't match other P5 programs for him, hopefully it's because we won't... NOT because we can't.
after 10 years of wandering the desert I do not care how we make the tournament next year - just find a way. If that means we borrow from the federal reserve or rob banks to pay these kids just do it.

Nothing upfront. $100 for every rebound he gets next season. That’s how we plan to improve his rebounding
This is bullshit. Just come and play basketball. You'll make money.

In all honesty, I don’t think this is true because I don’t think anyone would be this shortsighted…

BUT…

If I’m a casual observer and see the following, what should I infer from this sequence of events:

-Staff pursues guard from Mount St. Mary’s and is first known portal guard to visit
-Head coach Autry hires head coach from Mount St. Mary’s as assistant coach
-Guard from Mount St. Mary’s does not commit on visit, and secures visit to South Carolina along with other visits - somewhat out of blue

Of course this board believes it’s a money grab - I think it’s a money grab. But if I’m a casual observer, it also isn’t a great look for the staff to hire the head coach and not get the player along with him.*

* -(Nothing is 100% over until the kid commits, but I don’t think this is happening.
Fair enough.
Or maybe...and hear me out, I'm just spitballin' here...maybe Red saw an opportunity to hire a new quality staff member to replace GMac, and jumped on it?
Pepe, and until further notice that's what I'm calling this kid, is NOT the 2nd coming of John Stockton. You don't hire his HC "hoping" that'll push him to your program. JMHO

Probably just wants to hang out with his ex teammate for free lol

Time to move on
If he’s #1 on reds big board you have to wait it out. I’m sure the staff has contingency plans in place but there doesn’t appear to be anyone they view as in the same ballpark to warrant moving on.

Fwiw it sounds like we’re the leader in the clubhouse unless one of these SEC schools throws a crazy amount of $ at him where he can’t say no.

Fair enough.
Or maybe...and hear me out, I'm just spitballin' here...maybe Red saw an opportunity to hire a new quality staff member to replace GMac, and jumped on it?
Pepe, and until further notice that's what I'm calling this kid, is NOT the 2nd coming of John Stockton. You don't hire his HC "hoping" that'll push him to your program. JMHO
Red and his coach have been friends so it wasn’t a package deal.

Time to move on
Why? The kid is the current hotshot on the open market. He has no allegiance to any of the schools. He is seeking the best opportunity, AS DEFINED BY HIM, for himself. He has spent thousands of hours to be able to make money playing basketball. Now he can. He is shopping his services. It’s the same thing he would do if he had just graduated and had 6 job offers. Treating it as anything else is just fans being irrational.
If SU doesn’t think he is worth what the player wants, then SU shouldn’t pay more. Maybe the kid will find out he isn’t worth what he thinks he’s worth, and then other factors will come into play.

Honestly, how many people had heard of this guy 2 months ago? Is he even a top 100 transfer?

I get that it makes sense for him to milk this for all it’s worth, but if sweating some guard from the maac is what Syracuse basketball has become to (while losing our players to Clemson and Duke) it’s a sad state of affairs.

This is a make or break offseason for Red and if this is the basket he is putting all his eggs… yikes.

It seems as if he isn’t worth all this. Time to move on IMO
What does “all this” mean?

Did he tell everyone that unless there was a message board thread that tracked his every move and social media content he wouldn’t go to that school?

Is he asking for a street in every campus to be named after him?

Did he demand prima nocte?