Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Multiple pages have posted since this morning -- not going to read through them all.

What happened to have everybody on the ledge? anything besides the crystal ball flip, or...?

He gone

He wants to make sure he is doing right by himself on the school he chooses. That is 100% of what he should be doing. He doesn't owe any of these schools anything at this point. It sure doesn't mean that he would be a selfish player once he enrolls at whatever school he goes to.
syracuse program goals: win

portal player goals: get as much money as possible and set self up for as much future money as possible

aligning both of these goals is difficult although not impossible

Hurley from UCONN talked about turning down better talent for this reason

lets take heed

lets just acknowledge that a lot of players are going to act out of selfish motivations...thats just what this is...and the portal facilitates that like never before. imo, the players who are acting most out of self interest are more likely to play selfishly in the end...although the overlap is not 100%.

there may indeed be players who drag out recruitment, leak false info, play shcool against each other to up their NIl, etc...who are great team players and selfless when it comes to on the court play...but I would bet they are in the minority

most of them are going to be headaches who ower their teams ceilings even if they put up "good" stats

a player who will have no NBA chance or cannot command much NIL...otoh will likely play for the jersey ijs

my guess is that the coaches are targeting team players and avoiding prima donnas like the plague

I know this isn't going to be popular, but my sense is that this kid is all about himself. Didn't we just get rid of some guys that put themselves in front of the team.

Also, as I posted earlier I bet we are done with Guards. I hope we bring in a kid that is a scoring forward and another big
Don’t people leave job A looking for the best/highest paying job. That’s all this was. He owed no loyalty to anyone.