Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

First-time caller long time listener

Question:

Did you guys watch Leffew's tape and say he is the one I want? His skill set is perfect and is exactly what we need to put us over the top?

OR

Is it that he is number 1 on Red's big board and that is good enough for me I am all in on Leffew? Red has forgotten more about basketball than I will ever know so Leffew has to be good?

I will hang up and listen to the answer...
For me it's a little bit of both. Leffew is a very solid three point shooter, tall for a point guard, has very tight handle, and is a pretty good passer.

I think his skill set fits in with the rest of the team better than Mintz, even if he's not as good in a vacuum.

My biggest reservation is how his skills transfer. He didn't exactly rise to the occasion when playing even crap P5 teams like Georgetown last season. I haven't seen whole games, or even condensed games... Nobody cares enough to post them to YouTube, I guess.

Here is where my trust in Red gets tested. If he thinks Leffew is his preferred guy, I guess I'm in.

Here is the best highlight video I've found, if you care to watch again.

Last edited:
Here's a new one that I hadn't seen before.

You can't really evaluate a player properly on a highlight tape like this but you can see he has great form on his jumper, and a quick release. That alone is a really good thing. I am reasonably confident he will be able to get his shot off in games against most defenders in the ACC.

Can he shoot well off the dribble?

Can he hit pullup jumpers?

His defensive metrics aren't great but based on what I have seen, he would be a big upgrade defensively over his predecessor.

Hope he comes. It will be worth $100 to me. ;)

We are serious. But I believe the deal is we give the money after Leffew commits.
Correct. There is no money for Dakota until he commits to Syracuse.

If he comes, I will also personally pay for him for 2 football SyraCruz@ tailgates this fall.

And he can have 2 of my diet Dr Peppers as well.

Killer deal Dakota. Nell makes some delightful treats and Kevin grills a fantastic burger. Add in Mike's beer basted brats and Kim's funeral potatoes and I can't see how anyone sane can turn this deal down.

Do it Dakota.

If you are all serious about the donation commitment I will clue Mark Hayes in so he knows the story when all of the $100 donations (and one $5000 one) come rolling in later today!
1713966865143.gif

If he comes, I will also personally pay for him for 2 football SyraCruz@ tailgates this fall.

Killer deal Dakota. Nell makes some delightful treats and Kevin grills a fantastic burger. Add in Mike's beer basted brats and Kim's funeral potatoes and I can't see how anyone sane can turn this deal down.

Do it Dakota.
Tom, lets relax a bit here. Thats too much. :)

First-time caller long time listener

Question:

Did you guys watch Leffew's tape and say he is the one I want? His skill set is perfect and is exactly what we need to put us over the top?

OR

Is it that he is number 1 on Red's big board and that is good enough for me I am all in on Leffew? Red has forgotten more about basketball than I will ever know so Leffew has to be good?

I will hang up and listen to the answer...

Okay, add my $100 to the cause plus an extra $100 just because I don't have to handle the transaction! I texted with Mark Hayes of Orange United that this is happening and told him we would like the money earmarked for Leffew and used in part to fund the offer of a tailgate visit.

His response: "That's great! We can absolutely earmark for that purpose. I'll keep you updated if anything comes through site."

Okay, add my $100 to the cause plus an extra $100 just because I don't have to handle the transaction! I texted with Mark Hayes of Orange United that this is happening and told him we would like the money earmarked for Leffew and used in part to fund the offer of a tailgate visit.

His response: "That's great! We can absolutely earmark for that purpose. I'll keep you updated if anything comes through site."
Just a reminder. We are still in the process of turning over the administration of the SyraCRUZ Tailgate NIL Initiative to OrangeUnited. We have worked through a Document od Understanding that makes OrangeUnited responsible for administering transactions that at a minimum match what we have done the last two years funding two primary football players as well as tailgate and video guests. Under the DoU we will approve all student athletes we work with including the details of the transactions, but OU will collect and distribute funds. Last step is to sign a contract with OU. If you have donated to SyraCRUZ in the past and plan to do so again for 2024-25, please hold off on giving that money to OU until we finalize our agreement. This does NOT affect the pledges made here specific to Leffew.

I wonder how much money the board could raise to help convince Dakota to come to Syracuse?

I will start the process.

I pledge $100 to Orange United, to be earmarked for Dakota, if he comes to Syracuse.
In (16th?) ... but only to pay for his NIL not his recruitment ( :cool: ).

Last edited:

Do it Dakota.
I’ll throw in a dinner at Doug’s Fish Fry and putting lessons .

For me it's a little bit of both. Leffew is a very solid three point shooter, tall for a point guard, has very tight handle, and is a pretty good passer.

I think his skill set fits in with the rest of the team better than Mintz, even if he's not as good in a vacuum.

My biggest reservation is how his skills transfer. He didn't exactly rise to the occasion when playing even crap P5 teams like Georgetown last season. I haven't seen whole games, or even condensed games... Nobody cares enough to post them to YouTube, I guess.

Here is where my trust in Red gets tested. If he thinks Leffew is his preferred guy, I guess I'm in.

Here is the best highlight video I've found, if you care to watch again.

If you do want to see some full games, there's actually quite a few:

West Virginia vs Mount St Mary's | 2022.11.7 | NCAAB Game (2022)
Bryant University vs. Mount Saint Mary's - Northeast Conference Semifinal Full Game - 03/05/2022 (2022)

So I count 15 $100 pledges plus 1-$5000 pledge (seriously?) and a diet Dr. Pepper, Doug’s Fish Fry lunch and putting lessons from a (wannabe) Champions Tour pro. Am I missing anything?
Does he play golf? I can throw in some free rounds on top of the 100...