Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

Good get by Red here. IMO Getting Carlos to come as a bench piece is a greater sell job by Red. Getting both is a job well done.
That's a reasonable assumption. But... if we have learned anything this off-season maybe it's that we shouldn't be jumping to assumptions about what the plan is.

I think Red is selling the opportunity to come and compete under the philosophy of wanting to play lots of guys and lineup combinations based on matchups.

Out of loop here

So is the thinking here Red wanted Reynolds + Leffew, but once Reynolds chose to say SU was able to pony up more for Leffew and also snag Carlos with the leftover money?

Also, I’ve heard we arent done. We’ll aim for one more bench/reserve player OR a late HS player

I also feel like the last piece is front court Depth.
Or more shooting? Or both?
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter

Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Was this supposed to be on the football recruiting side?

Out of loop here

So is the thinking here Red wanted Reynolds + Leffew, but once Reynolds chose to say SU was able to pony up more for Leffew and also snag Carlos with the leftover money?

My guess is it would have been close to the same money for Reynolds that is will be for Leffew + Carlos. So when Reynolds made his choice, we were able to get 2 instead of 1.

Okay, I made my $100 contribution.

Dakota, you also get 2 tailgates on me. Or you can bring a friend and go to 1.

Thanks for coming here and if I were you, I would avoid the jelly shots. You might end up in trouble and need some bail money.

;)
At least with a grad transfer recruit, feeding him jello shots doesn't feel like contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Impressive offseason work by Red for the second year in a row. It’s not always about grabbing all of the 5 stars. He’s putting together a TEAM. If this was the NBA, few would complain. This is one way to navigate the new landscape and I believe it will serve us well.

Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter
Please add a shooter

O_L0um.gif

You're welcome.

Seriously, for a second after the celebration histeriar, Red bleeds Orange. That is why you stay in the basketball coaching family. For reference, see Duke and NC. Basketball players are close to the HC and they expect HC stability. Players no longer have loyalty. Perhaps, if you build a solid winning tradition and loyal staff, some players might be more prone to stick around. This off-season, and hiring Red, are big steps forward.

Football is different. Football player's world revolves around their position coach and other players in their group. They practice in their group. The head coach is still important but football teams can more readily have continuity when a successful HC leaves. Re, Boise St.

For the JB haters, he built a winning reputation and an in-house hire is proving to be a workable way to resurrect the tradition. Too many former powers have never recovered. I think that we will have a solid ranked team this year.

Last edited:
Red finally has a balanced roster. Not seven sophomores. The positions are also more balanced. It was really a mess after the departures and injuries last season. Red learned a lot last year and now has a roster he feels it’s his and he can work with. There will be several openings again after next season. He mentioned that he doesn’t want to bring in huge freshman classes. It’s too hard to keep them.