Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 75 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

If we get a rug pull I'm gonna nunchuck somebody...

Live look in at kingtige:

Bruce Lee Kid GIF

get the best paint defender possible...still a possible weakness, imo

plus, it oughtta be easy to get a big body without much in the way of offense to accept an end of the bench role
We already have a center who can block shots and do nothing else. The days of having four centers on the roster when most of them aren't good at basketball need to be over.

leffew bell moore are all shooters...plus freeman is looking like a good shooter at the PF...cuffe can knock em down...starling has it in him

i think the team can use a paint defender in case naheem doesnt get back and davis doesnt match up well with taller PFs
Height is not all that matters. Is he a wide body?

We already have a center who can block shots and do nothing else. The days of having four centers on the roster when most of them aren't good at basketball need to be over.
i think a big PF is needed

davis is only 6.7...there's a good chance thats not going to cover a guy like Brandon Huntley hatfield at 6'10 very well

im not saying get another center

im saying get another Maliq...a PF that can guard the post

because imo after Freeman...which forwards can actually cover someone in the post?

bell cant. westry cant.

who can?

mcleod and patterson are also huge question marks at this point too

i would just grab a big body...

someone 6'10 or so who can play forward and maybe center a la maliq

a TALL DEFENDER

I'm just a bit surprised that Leffew didn't do the whole announcement thing broadcasted online where he is wearing a villanova jersey and then takes it off to reveal Cuse. Maybe he finally decided to go subtle?? In any event, very glad that Red got his guy!

This is all over the place.

1) Villanova "stayed in the family" and their team is in shambles. Any success going forward we have is on RED. Period. Not the family.

2) For the JB HATERS, We've won 0 games this year and haven't gone to the tourney in 3 years. Relax. I'm happy with the pick ups too, but these ITYS posts are insane.
Our reputation is not what it was but it is still better than most. I assume that Red's sales pitch includes our history and coaching stability. A walk through Melo Center is all about our history.
This is a win for us. Future is not guaranteed, enjoy the current news.

Our reputation is not what it was but it is still better than most. I assume that Red's sales pitch includes our history and coaching stability. A walk through Melo Center is all about our history.
Absolutely. Never suggested otherwise.

Danny Hurley speaks about Calhoun and UConn history all the time even though he didn't go there and wasn't in the "FAMILY".

We should use the history and, to me, I love that Red is Syracuse through and through. That said, ultimately, his success shouldn't be defined by it.

Mark just confirmed 9 $100 donations to men’s basketball received so far. I told him that this group has followed through 100% on pledges so he can absolutely expect more!
Consigliere, I just donated $100 to men's basketball but I am sure I botched up the money going to Leffew. Could you tell Mark that my $100 is for Leffew? Thanks if you can.

Last edited:
i think a big PF is needed

davis is only 6.7...there's a good chance thats not going to cover a guy like Brandon Huntley hatfield at 6'10 very well

im not saying get another center

im saying get another Maliq...a PF that can guard the post

because imo after Freeman...which forwards can actually cover someone in the post?

bell cant. westry cant.

who can?

mcleod and patterson are also huge question marks at this point too

i would just grab a big body...

someone 6'10 or so who can play forward and maybe center a la maliq

a TALL DEFENDER

I don't think we're using all 13 'ships this year. I think we want to hold the extra one open.
Another PF would be a "nice to have", but it's going to squeeze the 6 guards. Two of them might not play if we add yet another F. I think if Leffew joins, he and Westry have to be the SF depth, or else we are going to have a couple unhappy guys.