Class of 2019 - PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Dakota Leffew (GA) Portal to Georgia

I am by no means a 'sky is falling' guy but I mentioned a few pages ago how it was odd why everyone on the board has this confidently penciled in when all we have to go by was a McCallister CB and a tweet from some DePaul dude. Since then we have heard crickets - even from the previously mentioned sources. Am I missing something, or do our board insiders feel good as well about this one? Just seems like this thread has really jumped the gun and I'm hoping that we get the outcome we expect.

I am by no means a 'sky is falling' guy but I mentioned a few pages ago how it was odd why everyone on the board has this confidently penciled in when all we have to go by was a McCallister CB and a tweet from some DePaul dude. Since then we have heard crickets - even from the previously mentioned sources. Am I missing something, or do our board insiders feel good as well about this one? Just seems like this thread has really jumped the gun and I'm hoping that we get the outcome we expect.
Take a deep breath, it hasn't even been 24 hours.

I think the only premature thing was that one tweet. Mike doesn’t put in crystal balls without being pretty certain

Last edited:
Remember the Judah/Waters announcement situation. I think a lot of these young guys want to make the announcement themselves. In the case of Leffew, that's probably true as well based on some of his social media posts during his recruitment.

Carlos beat him to the gun yesterday, so he may have wanted to wait until today...

If it goes past today, get the shark in the cage, set-up the ramp, and get henry winkler on the phone...
100 percent. If he is coming to Cuse, he and the coaches want the news to drop on a separate day from the Carlos announcement. You want each of these players to have their own moment in the spotlight.

...for 3 more visits...
He’s going to announce he has 3 more visits then after that he’s going to announce his top 3. Then he has to take 3 weeks to be certain of his decision.

I'm feeling like I was premature with my dono. I'm always premature when I'm excited!

LOL, Yeah I'm still very confident that Leffew will be playing at Syracuse. I won't regret my donation either way however. Honestly I have extracted a lot of great experiences and memories out of Syracuse basketball. I have the means to donate and should do so on a regular basis.

If he is waiting to announce for his own time in the spotlight he better do it soon. The NFL draft is going to dominate sport media for a few days once it starts.

LOL, Yeah I'm still very confident that Leffew will be playing at Syracuse. I won't regret my donation either way however. Honestly I have extracted a lot of great experiences and memories out of Syracuse basketball. I have the means to donate and should do so on a regular basis.
I have no regrets either if Dakota goes elsewhere. Agree he is likely coming.

I hear he had already named his goat.

Exactly, some of the posters/posts on here are just unreal. Complete prima Donna stuff from this board. Definitely wouldn’t see this level of immaturity on a Umass fan board.
Give It To Me Want GIF

Ditto and I have been. We’re all pieces of the puzzle and it makes a difference.

Exactly, some of the posters/posts on here are just unreal. Complete prima Donna stuff from this board. Definitely wouldn’t see this level of immaturity on a Umass fan board.
Not the poster, the player.

Not the poster, the player.
Why doesn't the player deserve the ability to make their announcement and get some visibility, especially when their first recruitment was them committing to a small school?

Ridiculous to call someone a prima donna for that. When you have big news for your friends and family, do you like to tell people, or have others ruin your moment?

Why doesn't the player deserve the ability to make their announcement and get some visibility, especially when their first recruitment was them committing to a small school?

Ridiculous to call someone a prima donna for that. When you have big news for your friends and family, do you like to tell people, or have others ruin your moment?

sir- remember this was a CousCous post…

Just so many unknowns...

What if Red has asked him to hold off announcing because Red's playing chess instead of checkers??

i.e.

What if we're in for another SG or combo guard that some of the same schools we were battling Leffew for are also courting and/or we're playing that dominos-fall chess game... and there is a benefit to having Leffew delay his announcement for us??

That's just a hypothetical, of course, but there could be a myriad of reasons why he would delay his announcement.