Class of 2017 - PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona

Very strong chance that Green / Howard start at guard next year [a la Duke in 2015].

But we'd still need to add depth behind these two.

Tyus Battle at the 3 I assume?

2016-11-21_1252.png

This is from his head coach... and nothing has changed publicly to this point.

What ways can a student get out of a LOI? Coach change? Is that it?

What ways can a student get out of a LOI? Coach change? Is that it?
I don't think there is any way they can legally get out of it. Often when there is a coaching change, the student can request it, but it is at the discretion of the institution whether to grant the release. So, a student can request a release for any reason at all, but they aren't guaranteed a release.

I don't think there is any way they can legally get out of it. Often when there is a coaching change, the student can request it, but it is at the discretion of the institution whether to grant the release. So, a student can request a release for any reason at all, but they aren't guaranteed a release.
and it is actually quite likely there'll be a coaching change at Minny this spring - so could get interesting

Can you imagine if Ricky Pitino gets fired and then Isaiah Washington asked for his release and then AD Coyle didn't grant it? He would have to go into hiding.
would be so. flipping. awesome.

srsly though, unless he miraculously gets the gophs to the (ncaa) tourney I really believe Coyle will can Richie - he was brought in as a sort of personal agenda of the former very-disgraced AD and word is Coyle wants to undo that (not to mention Richie's pi**-poor results on the court) - which is why he'll also probably be firing football coach Claeys this offseason too

We just have to hope that Minny keeps losing..hate to say I'm wishing this scenario happens but he would be ours. The kid LOVES syracuse

We just have to hope that Minny keeps losing..hate to say I'm wishing this scenario happens but he would be ours. The kid LOVES syracuse

OK guys. I appreciate that we have moved on from fury to future strategy. But this one is a reach. Well, frankly it is desperate. We'll be ok. The 5th grad market is going to continue to get deeper until the NCAA shuts it down and we'll find a diamond in the rough player out of HS to shore up the depth. It'll be ok.

OK guys. I appreciate that we have moved on from fury to future strategy. But this one is a reach. Well, frankly it is desperate. We'll be ok. The 5th grad market is going to continue to get deeper until the NCAA shuts it down and we'll find a diamond in the rough player out of HS to shore up the depth. It'll be ok.
I mean it (getting I.Washington from Minny) certainly isn't something to bank on or have as a strategy - but again it is quite likely Pitino will be fired there

Why didn't we go after Washington anyway? He's not the kind of guy that would have scared off Green and it's not like we would have been too loaded at guard even with green.

ugh Minny 10-1 so far...granted they've played cupcakes...need them to keep losing LOL Popcorn