Class of 2017 - PG Jordan Walker (NJ) Transfer from Seton Hall to Tulane | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Jordan Walker (NJ) Transfer from Seton Hall to Tulane

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is also ALWAYS late seeing the right pass. Many have mentioned, he doesn't hit Lydon on the pop. If the timing was right, Lydon would have about 5 more open threes from the top of the key (I haven't done the research, but I would bet he is very accurate from there) per game.

5 more open looks = 4 more pump fakes and 1 more shot for Lydon.

Got a chance to watch Walker play today against Quinerly's Hudson Catholic squad. Real quick with the rock and was always able to find the open man routinely. Had over 10 assist and was a pest defensively coming up several steals. Finished with 15 points and scored on all three levels of the floor. Can get a little loose with the rock at times but was under control for the most part and is a very good floor general. Not a zone fit, but with how he gets after it defensively I could see him being perfect for Hop's new aggressive man to man style like how we see the Louisville guards get after it.

Quinerly looked good as usual and was the only HC player to bring their A game today. Has a lot of Tyler Ennis in his game where he's not super explosive and athletic, but is very efficient and crafty as a scorer especially finishing around the hoop. Hit about 3 threes and dished out several nice dimes. Missed a few free throws late which hurt his team comeback attempt, but overall was really good in other aspects.

Louis King started off the game nicely. Hit a pair of threes and had some tough finishes inside against Nick Richards. Different story in the 2nd half where he struggled to finish around the hoop and was pretty much a no show down the stretch. He's talented for sure and has lots of upside, but he's still a work in progress on putting it all together and being consistent.

Luther Muhammad was pretty much similar to King. Had a good start knocking down a pair of threes and then struggled to hit much after that. He plays hard and was very active on defense, but couldn't get much going today.

Got a chance to watch Walker play today against Quinerly's Hudson Catholic squad. Real quick with the rock and was always able to find the open man routinely. Had over 10 assist and was a pest defensively coming up several steals. Finished with 15 points and scored on all three levels of the floor. Can get a little loose with the rock at times but was under control for the most part and is a very good floor general. Not a zone fit, but with how he gets after it defensively I could see him being perfect for Hop's new aggressive man to man style like how we see the Louisville guards get after it.

Quinerly looked good as usual and was the only HC player to bring their A game today. Has a lot of Tyler Ennis in his game where he's not super explosive and athletic, but is very efficient and crafty as a scorer especially finishing around the hoop. Hit about 3 threes and dished out several nice dimes. Missed a few free throws late which hurt his team comeback attempt, but overall was really good in other aspects.

Louis King started off the game nicely. Hit a pair of threes and had some tough finishes inside against Nick Richards. Different story in the 2nd half where he struggled to finish around the hoop and was pretty much a no show down the stretch. He's talented for sure and has lots of upside, but he's still a work in progress on putting it all together and being consistent.

Luther Muhammad was pretty much similar to King. Had a good start knocking down a pair of threes and then struggled to hit much after that. He plays hard and was very active on defense, but couldn't get much going today.
Were Quinerly and Walker playing defense on eachother?

Francis, I know you've said Hop will look to play multiple defenses and is(I think?) telling recruits that. So you think, or know, that it could be similar to Lville, where they pick up 3/4 court?

Do you think he'll prioritize size, like JB, or speed and quickness like L'ville?

From the tape I've seen, I like this kid more than Washington.

Francis, I know you've said Hop will look to play multiple defenses and is(I think?) telling recruits that. So you think, or know, that it could be similar to Lville, where they pick up 3/4 court?

Do you think he'll prioritize size, like JB, or speed and quickness like L'ville?
I think Louisville's multiple style D is what he hopes to use but it'll depend on the depth and personnel. Judging from the 18/19 offers and interest that are out there, it seems like we're just trying to collect the best players that we can. I honestly don't know if there is a real plan at the moment.

So far no interest at all from the staff for him. Hopefully that changes if we don't get Tremont.

The dude is like a cross between Michael Jordan and Kenny Walker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom