Class of 2017 - PG Jose Alvarado (NY) to Ga Tech | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Jose Alvarado (NY) to Ga Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tee1222

Working off a player Francis mentioned. Plays at Christ the King, and they play the best NYC area teams every year.
Another PG that I've mentioned before as a quality backup plan option is Jose Alvarado. Tough scrappy guard from Christ The King in Queens. Plays for the Rens in EYBL ball with Diallo and Tucker. Averages 11 ppg, 38% 3pt, 5 apg, 5 rpg, and 2 spg during the EYBL season. Numerous Scouts have praised his play at the Pangos camp this weekend. On the small side like Q. Green at around 6'0, but I don't think the staff is too caught up on having only tall PG's with Gillon in the mix as well.
Very good handle, excellent passer. Jump shot and consistency needs to come along, just my opinion. But slick player and when he's on, very exciting to watch. An orchestrator at the point. The kid understands the game and importantly, his role as a point guard.

Haven't really watched this kid play, but the fact that our coaches are reaching out to him and have been watching other point guards leads me to believe the Quade Green Sweepstakes may be going in the wrong direction.

GMac reached out. Offer possibly on the way soon.
Wow. I thought this was more of the staff solidifying their secondary options after Quade Green. It sounds like they don't like their chances with Green, or would this be a contingent offer?

Wow. I thought this was more of the staff solidifying their secondary options after Quade Green. It sounds like they don't like their chances with Green, or would this be a contingent offer?
Go check out what CuseRaised said on the Q. Green thread. I can co-sign all of that on how things will get messy there. Not saying we can't get Q, but it's going to be much tougher now than we had hope for.

Go check out what CuseRaised said on the Q. Green thread. I can co-sign all of that on how things will get messy there. Not saying we can't get Q, but it's going to be much tougher now than we had hope for.

Well that's unfortunate but we definitely can't afford to play those games if that's where it is headed. That being said, if Alvarado has the Francis endorsement, that's good enough for me.

I just re-read it. So it all comes down to how much he values Syracuse as opposed to the UK's and Dukes of the world, because he will have his choice. I had been hoping all along, that he wanted the recognition that came along with the offers from those schools, but he knew who valued him the most. But, it has to be hard for these kids when they get a hundred people in their ear.

I'm sorry Quade , but we have catered to you and pretty much guaranteed you "carte blanche"with this team. And we may still get you for our pg, however you are still recruiting with UK and Duke, we must go on with ours, just in case things don't go our way. I am sure you are a very intelligent young man and can read between the bs lines of Cal Pal that he puts guards in the NBA, (except for the Harrison twins, and I. Briscoe). But you know we also have a run of putting our guards in the NBA also. Truthfully we our just "cya", or should say, "coa", covering our a$$. ;) You are our first choice and its been obvious. Hope you choose SU

Thanks Francis, that sucks. CuseRaised definitely got pretty specific on how the Sausage is made with these top flight recruits. I know this is a bigger topic of conversation outside of Quade, but is the messiness (and "bags") mostly a Kentucky thing, or does pretty much everyone play that game to some extent?

Thanks Francis, that sucks. CuseRaised definitely got pretty specific on how the Sausage is made with these top flight recruits. I know this is a bigger topic of conversation outside of Quade, but is the messiness (and "bags") mostly a Kentucky thing, or does pretty much everyone play that game to some extent?
Duke is no strangers when it comes to giving a helping hand to a recruit parents as well. All while the NCAA suddenly becomes Stevie Wonder when it comes to them.

Duke is no strangers when it comes to giving a helping hand to a recruit parents as well. All while the NCAA suddenly becomes Stevie Wonder when it comes to them.

Oh silly Francis. You know it's just a coincidence that Durham, NC seems to be a great place to find jobs but only if you have a high school senior who is really good at basketball - right???

Pretty soon we are going to hear how Quade's mom and World Wide Wes are old pals, practically cousins and that he pretty much helped raise Quade. ESPN will run a heart warming story about the whole thing and Calipari will be there shedding a tear over the special relationship.

No offense to Alvarado, who seems like a quality prospect, but this ^^^^ sucks.

Quade is a must-get for our program, IMO.

No offense to Alvarado, who seems like a quality prospect, but this ^^^^ sucks.

Quade is a must-get for our program, IMO.
Agree totally, I have really liked the videos posted of Alvarado, but we have been on Quade so long, it felt like it was going to happen. I can handle losing a recruiting battle, because a kid chooses a better situation, but to lose because of this crap would be incredibly frustrating.

Agree totally, I have really liked the videos posted of Alvarado, but we have been on Quade so long, it felt like it was going to happen. I can handle losing a recruiting battle, because a kid chooses a better situation, but to lose because of this crap would be incredibly frustrating.
I agree with you, and the hard part is we know and I'm sure Quade knows how loyal we have been with him.

I agree with you, and the hard part is we know and I'm sure Quade knows how loyal we have been with him.
Of course he does, and I can't blame a kid of his family. I blame the NCAA for turning a blind eye to it all. If they can spend 8 years on our campus to find tiny little infractions, certainly they can see this kind of crap.

This is just good recruiting. We have lots of open ships for 2017. Alvarado is not going to scare Green away if he wants to come to SU and I'm sure he knows he is still our #1 guy who we would gladly accept a commitment from at any time even if Alvarado is already on board. No matter how good Howard is as a junior if we do not land Green we have to have another PG on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom