Class of 2017 - PG Jose Alvarado (NY) to Ga Tech | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Jose Alvarado (NY) to Ga Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Francis03 said:
Wouldn't consider Ga Tech a big boy, but word on the street barring a last minute change is that they'll be the winners for his services.

What do you think happened to Rutgers? ACC bball vs b10 thing?

The Rutgers board is claiming that Pastner took a page from his mentor's playbook, if you know what I mean...

Interesting! My second collegiate alma mater. I'll definitely be curious to see how he does as a Yellow Jacket.

Curious to why most on here didn't want Jose. He is a solid 4 star player, not the biggest, fastest, but gets the job done. Personally, I am elate that he is coming to tech, and bringing some much needed skills and NY swagger at the PG position. Look forward to the replies!

Curious to why most on here didn't want Jose. He is a solid 4 star player, not the biggest, fastest, but gets the job done. Personally, I am elate that he is coming to tech, and bringing some much needed skills and NY swagger at the PG position. Look forward to the replies!

Watched Jordan Brand Classic up close and personal. His game didn't scream "high level D1 player."

Tough to totally judge from one game in that type of setting, but I personally think he's just OK. He'll be a 4 year player and can absolutely get better but I just don't think he's elite.

He was one of numerous point guards we were involved with, but wasn't nearly as highly rated as our main target.

Watched Jordan Brand Classic up close and personal. His game didn't scream "high level D1 player."

Tough to totally judge from one game in that type of setting, but I personally think he's just OK. He'll be a 4 year player and can absolutely get better but I just don't think he's elite.

JBC isn't the best game to gauge a player's talent as no one plays defense or tries hard. I've seen him play locally and I'm not impressed and stumped by the hype generated. He's ok at best. On an unrelated note, him being as heralded as he was says a lot about the current state of NYC basketball. Kids with talent that go prep elsewhere are hurting the local scene.

JBC isn't the best game to gauge a player's talent as no one plays defense or tries hard. I've seen him play locally and I'm not impressed and stumped by the hype generated. He's ok at best. On an unrelated note, him being as heralded as he was says a lot about the current state of NYC basketball. Kids with talent that go prep elsewhere are hurting the local scene.

We came to the same conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.