Class of 2016 - PG Kobi Simmons (GA) Offered by Syracuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Kobi Simmons (GA) Offered by Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit making excuses for once my gosh. People on this board can be wrong sometimes. It's ok.

Dude, you realize his was posted before Battle decommitted to Mich, right? Recruiting is fluid doesn't mean he was wrong at all especially since we havevladed Battle and Chukwu since that time.
Oopsy, did I miss the Battle commitment?

Quit making excuses for once my gosh. People on this board can be wrong sometimes. It's ok.

You're missing the point. He could have been 100% right at the time but since that post a LOT has changed. This isn't about making excuses, it's just the reality of recruiting. It gets tiresome for certain guys (like 2-3) who come out after the fact and make a point to rub it in another person's face when they very well could have been right until Tyus got back into the picture.

You're missing the point. He could have been 100% right at the time but since that post a LOT has changed. This isn't about making excuses, it's just the reality of recruiting. It gets tiresome for certain guys (like 2-3) who come out after the fact and make a point to rub it in another person's face when they very well could have been right until Tyus got back into the picture.

It works both ways, to call me out in this post is particularly tacky when it happens on both ends of the spectrum constantly. If there was a scorecard of "I told you so" posts I'm sure I wouldn't be in the top 100. I get called out all the time for being "wrong" and then when I make a post asking somebody to cite the post where I was "wrong" and nobody can produce anything, yet I make a comment calling somebody out with their wrong information it's tiresome? Give me a break with your double standard.

Here's the deal with Simmons. He was never a lock to come here. Could he have? Dunno. It never got to the point where we put on the full court press.

We thought we had battle...then he caught everyone off guard and picked Michigan.

Then we quickly moved to Gilbert and Simmons, with Gilbert getting the most attention.

Then Battle re-opened and all attention was back in him.

It works both ways, to call me out in this post is particularly tacky when it happens on both ends of the spectrum constantly. If there was a scorecard of "I told you so" posts I'm sure I wouldn't be in the top 100. I get called out all the time for being "wrong" and then when I make a post asking somebody to cite the post where I was "wrong" and nobody can produce anything, yet I make a comment calling somebody out with their wrong information it's tiresome? Give me a break with your double standard.

My point was that you don't know if he was wrong when he posted what he did. However, you seemed to be happy enough to point out that he was (which again, we don't know because with a certain player de-committing to a particular school), that changed a lot of things on the recruiting landscape. No double standard here just making this simple point is all.

My point was that you don't know if he was wrong when he posted what he did. However, you seemed to be happy enough to point out that he was (which again, we don't know because with a certain player de-committing to a particular school), that changed a lot of things on the recruiting landscape. No double standard here just making this simple point is all.

It doesn't matter when it was posted, it was still wrong.

Why do you feel the need to put on blinders when it comes to common sense and reason. Its been explained to you 3 or 4 times, yet you refuse to acknowledge it.

It has nothing to do with blinders, somebody posted something as fact and it wasn't.

Person A: Player is coming here without a doubt.

Player: I commit to somewhere else.

Person B: I guess it wasn't a fact.

Person C/D: Well, he wasn't wrong because of X Y Z.

No, he was wrong no matter what spin you want to put on it.

It has nothing to do with blinders, somebody posted something as fact and it wasn't.

Person A: Player is coming here without a doubt.

Player: I commit to somewhere else.

Person B: I guess it wasn't a fact.

Person C/D: Well, he wasn't wrong because of X Y Z.

No, he was wrong no matter what spin you want to put on it.

I would feel like this :bang: but this isn't worth getting worked up over. Pretty much nothing is a stone cold lock fact in the recruiting process.

I would feel like this :bang: but this isn't worth getting worked up over. Pretty much nothing is a stone cold lock fact in the recruiting process.

If it's not a stone cold lock, don't post that it is.

If it's not a stone cold lock, don't post that it is.
You refuse to factor in circumstantial changes though, which is just asinine. Have you ever called someone when you were 5 minutes away and said "I'll be there in 5 minutes" based on the speed you are driving? What if you got pulled over the next minute you end up arriving 20 minutes later? Your assertion of being 5 minutes away was true, but the circumstantes changed the outcome. Your assertion would then be to never call and update someone you are 5 minutes away because the outcome is not "a stone cold lock." What in life is?! if the statement is true at the time, that's all that can be shared, the outcome can never be for sure, just highly likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom