Class of 2018 - PG Malik Zachery (NY) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Malik Zachery (NY)

This is a great way to establish connections with a potential recruit assuming it doesn't break any idiotic NCAA rules. Would be interesting to see if Otto's Grove could establish connections with Trevon DuVal and Jordan Tucker -- 2 prime SU targets in the 2017 class.
Can't imagine how it would violate anything. I'm not affiliated with the University, I'm not a ticket holder, I'm not a booster or a donor. Other than being a fan and alum, I have no official association with the school. It's not any different than any other hoops blog having a kid write a diary entry or running interviews.

Trevon Duval plans to transfer from St. Benedict's, so Malik took a visit down there yesterday as they're very interested in bringing him in. Would be a very good look for him if things were to work out there.

Last edited:
Where is he in the recruiting rankings now, and where could he end up.

Second does the Orange staff have and shown interest. If we do and offer. Gotta imagine we have the inside track on him.

Trevon Duval plans to transfer from St. Benedict's, so Malik took a visit down there yesterday as they're very interested in bringing him in. Would be a very good look for him if things were to work out there.
Too bad we can't keep him hidden in CNY. If he goes to St. Benedict Prep in NJ every elite school will be all over him.

It's a done deal now.
It's a good thing you give the PS tidbits so they can take credit for the scoop on this, lol. Amazing how they scoop this board and either that day or next day..BAM...there is an article about it.

Malik's been given a 4-star rating by ESPN.com (overall score of 80, so at the low end but still, it's cool to see. A season at St. Benedict's should only increase his stock).

Unless things break down at the last minute, I expect Zachery to land at St. Benedict's for prep ball next season. It would be a great move for his development, comp, and national exposure. It's a done deal now.

what do you think of their coach, Mark Taylor? I sent my son to his camp, and have seen him in action around kids before. I'm not sure what to make of him, but he can certainly recruit.

So, he transfers from Nottingham to West Genny...and the first game of the season...is against Nottingham.

Awkward.