Class of 2017 - PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas

were we ever really in on shai tho? he never visited. He decommitted from Tenn (?) and I seem to remember picking UK pretty quickly.

I thought I remember some insiders saying we had a real shot but we were so focused on Quade. Ironically both chose UK and slimeball anyways.

I think the word was not many people see Alvarado as an ACC-caliber PG ... clearly he proved them wrong
Eh, i don’t know about that. His upside was unclear, he was talented and coaches liked him but he was seen as a bit of a crapshoot whether he would pan out as a P5 caliber player. We decided not to roll the dice and stuck with waiting for Quade’s decision, because we’d been recruiting him for years and he was a top 25 kid. I don’t have a problem with that. SGA, on the other hand, smh. Alvarado was seen as similar to Isaiah Washington, who we were also considering, as a question mark whether he’d pan out. Washington committed to Minnesota and then transferred to a low major. Whereas Alvarado wound up a very good player for Georgia Tech. You just never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom