Class of 2017 - PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Matt Coleman (VA) to Texas

All have to agree that a silent commitment makes little sense though. The sooner it becomes public, the sooner Syracuse can make serious headway in assembling a top notch team around Quade. That effort is in the best interests of both parties.
Because it's not public (assuming he is going to SU) doesn't mean he hasn't told those he wants to team with that he his going to SU.

Because it's not public (assuming he is going to SU) doesn't mean he hasn't told those he wants to team with that he his going to SU.

I agree that this could be the case. I sure hope it is as I was expecting him to commit already. Coleman cancelling his visit to SU certainly could be a good sign. Right now I'm still feeling very good about the 2017 class. If things go past Orange Madness and we don't have two or three commits I may start to worry.

Last edited:

This is true, but as I said it makes little sense at best. I'm just not sure what the positives are of not making it public.

Except that he very likely wants to enjoy the rest of his visits. It's hard to convince Cal to let you go to Big Blue Madness when you've already committed to Syracuse.

Exactly. Which doesn't sound like fully committed in my book. I guess the most comforting analogy is that he is engaged to us but going to go on an epic stripper fueled bachelor party? Probably ok but fiancé still not too thrilled about it.

All have to agree that a silent commitment makes little sense though. The sooner it becomes public, the sooner Syracuse can make serious headway in assembling a top notch team around Quade. That effort is in the best interests of both parties.

The kid wanted to take his trips. He will have stories to tell his children. I think that's why the Oak Hill kid suddenly emerged, because Quade probably gave us the silent verbal. That would explain Randolph's recent visit with his family members, and Bamba coming up here, too. Trying to play the chip of his commitment on the down low so QG can have some fun.

The kid wanted to take his trips. He will have stories to tell his children. I think that's why the Oak Hill kid suddenly emerged, because Quade probably gave us the silent verbal. That would explain Randolph's recent visit with his family members, and Bamba coming up here, too. Trying to play the chip of his commitment on the down low so QG can have some fun.

I have to admit, I do like this theory. And I have been wondering where this Preston kid came from. But do we even know if Billy and Quade know each other? I know Dean was saying that we were strictly just a name drop with Billy Preston, but I still wonder if there might be a little bit more to the story.

I have to admit, I do like this theory. And I have been wondering where this Preston kid came from. But do we even know if Billy and Quade know each other? I know Dean was saying that we were strictly just a name drop with Billy Preston, but I still wonder if there might be a little bit more to the story.

IMO our interest in Preston is more about us not being sure we will land Richards or Bamba. Preston's sudden interest in SU? I have no idea where that came from and I do not recall any connections between him and Green.

IMO our interest in Preston is more about us not being sure we will land Richards or Bamba. Preston's sudden interest in SU? I have no idea where that came from and I do not recall any connections between him and Green.

I think Preston took a look at SU while we were recruiting his teammate, the PG.

Time to seriously kiss some Coleman butt. Tell him all the success we've had with past Colemans and how the whole "moving on" thing was really just guys giving eachother friendly crap.

Time to seriously kiss some Coleman butt. Tell him all the success we've had with past Colemans and how the whole "moving on" thing was really just guys giving eachother friendly crap.

We even have a bar named after him!

Why isn't Coleman already committed to Duke? I thought his dad played they, and they were his first choice?

Why isn't Coleman already committed to Duke? I thought his dad played they, and they were his first choice?

That was Alex O'Connell.

Agree burnt a bridge, but hopefully some way we can reconnect with Duval.

Hope so, but feels like we have to lick our wounds and focus on grad transfers and 2018. Ugh...

Hope so, but feels like we have to lick our wounds and focus on grad transfers and 2018. Ugh...
I think we initially backed off Duval to possible grad issues, but now that he's at a decent school might not be an issue. Heard this from a reliable board source.

I think we initially backed off Duval to possible grad issues, but now that he's at a decent school might not be an issue. Heard this from a reliable board source.
Zero chance on either. We should spend 100 percent energy on Cam

Zero chance on either. We should spend 100 percent energy on Cam

Yeah well we still need guards from somewhere in 2018. Cam comes with the same risk Quade came with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom