Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to consistently rack up 15 assists per game...

...because then I'll have good reason to deliver a terrible math pun.

That would be perfect to headline the class. Scary thing is we'd still need a few more new faces. I think we'd all sign up for that as the headliners. Yes, we would.
:cool:

Add grad transfer and Randolf

Never a good feeling when UK gets involved. Especially since they're one of Quade's desired offers.

We better have solid plans B & C. Lonnie (probably more of a 2) sounds like he's a Nova lean, so who are our other pure PG options? I hope the staff doesn't feel like we have Quade in our back pocket.

Never a good feeling when UK gets involved. Especially since they're one of Quade's desired offers.
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like we are in a particularly "flat spot" with recruiting. Battle and Moyers commitments seem like they were epochs ago. 2 Final 4's in the past several years, a veritable massive amount of playing time looming available for 17-18 and it seems like we can't get a single fish to even nibble.

I realize the dynamics have changed with kids waiting until the NBA draft / combine shakes out whereby they know which kids are coming back to programs... but cripes... what's up with recruiting? Perhaps it's just the awful taste from the seemingly endless TT recruitment but I could use a little sumptin' to get excited about.

We better have solid plans B & C. Lonnie (probably more of a 2) sounds like he's a Nova lean, so who are our other pure PG options? I hope the staff doesn't feel like we have Quade in our back pocket.
With Frankie, would we maybe push point guard recruiting out a year?

Whose uks priority at point? Young, Duval? Theres not too msny pgs in the top 50 unfortunately

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like we are in a particularly "flat spot" with recruiting. Battle and Moyers commitments seem like they were epochs ago. 2 Final 4's in the past several years, a veritable massive amount of playing time looming available for 17-18 and it seems like we can't get a single fish to even nibble.

I realize the dynamics have changed with kids waiting until the NBA draft / combine shakes out whereby they know which kids are coming back to programs... but cripes... what's up with recruiting? Perhaps it's just the awful taste from the seemingly endless TT recruitment but I could use a little sumptin' to get excited about.

I think this is fair. The bottom line is that we have offers out to a lot of exciting prospects. I think there are a lot of reasons why we haven't gotten any fish on the line lately. A few reasons you outlined above. I think there will be a domino effect in '17. My hope is that if we net a PG like Green, then the othere will follow. I'm not sure it's a factor, but maybe some of the recruits are a little uneasy because of the uncertainty of JB's timeline. If they are locked in for '17 and are not one and done, who is their coach for their sophomore year?

I'm getting a little uneasy too, but let's lock in one more player for next year and then hopefully start to get some good news for '17.

(Are we really going to only have 8 or 9 players under scholarship next year?)

I somewhat disagree. You are correct that it has been a while since we got a verbal but it is still early in this years process. I feel pretty good that we are going to have a very good class wehn all is said and done.

:noidea::noidea:
Whose uks priority at point? Young, Duval? Theres not too msny pgs in the top 50 unfortunately

It's starting to look lik Duval might wind up at an Under Armour school. Maybe Cal's checkbook changes that. :noidea: I hope they are not prioritizing Green but he really opened eyes at the EYBL.

I somewhat disagree. You are correct that it has been a while since we got a verbal but it is still early in this years process. I feel pretty good that we are going to have a very good class wehn all is said and done.

One of the most attractive things we can offer is playing time. We will have essentially a whole new team in '17-'18. Lots of slots available and we can tell recruits it's wide open. On the flip side, we won't be able to tell them we have great pieces in place for them to play off of, as we likely will only have a few guys back. It's going to be very interesting how this unfolds and how we sell this anomaly.

Tremont Waters may be worth a look. He's a gunner and a UConn lean, but there's few other options available. If we weren't so rabidly reliant on the pick and roll PG wouldn't be such an important position for us.

One of the most attractive things we can offer is playing time. We will have essentially a whole new team in '17-'18. Lots of slots available and we can tell recruits it's wide open. On the flip side, we won't be able to tell them we have great pieces in place for them to play off of, as we likely will only have a few guys back. It's going to be very interesting how this unfolds and how we sell this anomaly.
This is very true, though Kentucky seems to do this every year, so we have to sell the recruits that there class can come in and create something special and contend for a title right off the bat.

I think that Iommi brings up a salient point in that the pending stepping down by JB no doubt will have a resonating effect on recruiting and we might even be seeing some of that this recruiting cycle. To think that the sanctions, the NCAA findings, and the upcoming coaching change aren't having some kind of effect on recruiting would be optimistic at best and denial at worst.

I am with you in hoping that one commitment may be the catalyst which hastens the commitment of several others when it happens. It's just frustrating to see all the hand wringing over TT and he isn't exactly one of the crown jewels of this recruiting class. I really think that under normal circumstances kids would be really anxious to get on board with a program like Syracuse when there is going to be such a plethora of playing time available coupled with our recent track record of both making it to 2 final 4's and placing kids in the first round of the draft with even just one year of exposure playing for the Orange.

Status
Not open for further replies.