Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
From ESPN Top Performers from Peach Jam - Top performers from Nike Peach Jam

Quade Green, 6-1, PG

ESPN 100: 22

Sunday’s championship game was one-sided, but Green’s second half performance in Saturday’s semifinals was nonetheless one of the most memorable moments of this year’s event. Green led the EYBL in assists this season, by a wide margin, but when his team needed him to score, he was able to return to his roots and make a series of huge shots to deliver an improbable comeback. While his scoring prowess was on full display, the biggest takeaway was his leadership ability and toughness through adversity.
Their defense was atrocious in the first half of his last 2 games. going to SU or duk will wake him up to how important D is at the next level. Its not Quades fault but they just stood and watched Porter destroy them. Also when The Mo team made like 4-5 straight 3 pointers in the first half, the one thing i have learned from JB - after they make 1-2 bombs, you have to get out and get a hand in the face on the next one, at all costs, you cant just stand there and watch and hope they miss

Sorry off topic but that Bamba kid is obviously a high high level nba prospect and Porter made him look like Bamba was no where near the level of Porter. Porter is so advanced i had no idea

Their defense was atrocious in the first half of his last 2 games. going to SU or duk will wake him up to how important D is at the next level. Its not Quades fault but they just stood and watched Porter destroy them. Also when The Mo team made like 4-5 straight 3 pointers in the first half, the one thing i have learned from JB - after they make 1-2 bombs, you have to get out and get a hand in the face on the next one, at all costs, you cant just stand there and watch and hope they miss
PSA looked wiped out from the comeback the night before and most of the guys didn't have their legs especially Quade.

PSA looked wiped out from the comeback the night before and most of the guys didn't have their legs especially Quade.
I agree but at same time Mo had to play day before , also in that previous game their defense was also horrible in first half. No big deal i really like Quade, but imo he needs someone like JB to teach him how critical D is. Ie you cant just expend all your energy on the offesinve end and then take the defensive possession off. I saw a lot of that

I'm just saying, it's tuff to resist that bag. Especially when his mother is a single mother. There are a lot of bags that are being thrown at him right now. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
I personally feel that Quade Greens chances of getting to the NBA would be as equal to Cal Pal and UK, why, because of his "talent" and it will show night in and night.

I'm just saying, it's tuff to resist that bag. Especially when his mother is a single mother. There are a lot of bags that are being thrown at him right now. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

If you had to guess which one do you think he favors between Kentucky and Duke? Hopefully if Young picks UK he would prefer us to Duke.

He's a one-and-done now regardless of where he goes, wouldn't you say?

If you had to guess which one do you think he favors between Kentucky and Duke? Hopefully if Young picks UK he would prefer us to Duke.

Young is most likely UK bound which would help us. Oklahoma is in the mix and Porter Jr is trying to recruit him to Washington.

Agreed. The weekend he visited Duke and got an offer, their board collectively shrugged their shoulders, a few commenting on how he could keep the seat warm for the PG in the 2018 class they are hot to trot over.

The goal is always to recruit over your talent [on paper], but his path to maximized PT / impact would be here over those other two. If UK lands Young or Duval, I'd have to assume that they'd be out of the running [would be nice to see those two land at Duke / UK]. Green might not [emphasis on "might"] not be those schools' top priority, whereas he would undoubtedly be JB's top priority at lead guard.

He's a one-and-done now regardless of where he goes, wouldn't you say?
Not according to the ESPNU pundits. They feel only Trae Young and T. Duval are.

Not according to the ESPNU pundits. They feel only Trae Young and T. Duval are.
Actually the only pg they said would be NBA ready would be Duval. they said Young and Green needs to work on a few thing, defense and something else. They mention Ayton, Porter, and Duval as of now, one and done. Remember we have been watching them playing their own quality of players with some are really good, however when they get to college they will get usually really good quality of players night in and night out. Its a bit faster and you have to play some defense also. jmo

Actually the only pg they said would be NBA ready would be Duval. they said Young and Green needs to work on a few thing, defense and something else. They mention Ayton, Porter, and Duval as of now, one and done. Remember we have been watching them playing their own quality of players with some are really good, however when they get to college they will get usually really good quality of players night in and night out. Its a bit faster and you have to play some defense also. jmo
Sorry if I missed that then but if Young stays two years in school he's a fool.

Sorry if I missed that then but if Young stays two years in school he's a fool.
I don't think no way he stays 2 years. Way to good of a player and going to get better.

It doesn't appear to be in this case. He led us on. Our coaches are looking at bringing other lead guards in.

I don't know if it's as much that he led us on, as much as its we were amongst his top choices until he was presented more choices. I don't think I've ever seen a recruit blow up the way he did in such a short time, the recruiting landscape is just going to be totally different unfortunately. If he doesn't come, wish him well, next man up, and let our top 10 team this year and its exposure do some natural recruiting.

I was reading an article this afternoon somewhere that when Q.Green left the Peach Jam he was sporting a Duke T-shirt. What a bummer to read that.

Dammit. Ok. A shirt is just a shirt, a shirt is just a shirt. Bc he didn't want to get his cuse shirt dirty. Yeh.

Status
Not open for further replies.