Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you guys act like we are recruiting a Mitch Cumstein or something. This is a high level guy with offers from some major schools. yeah I get that we give up easy on some big fish, but we aren't going after low level power 5 talent either.
Completely agree. And :rolling::rolling::rolling: at the Mitch Cumstein line!
Caddyshack-chevy-chase_610.jpg

Some of you guys act like we are recruiting a Mitch Cumstein or something. This is a high level guy with offers from some major schools. yeah I get that we give up easy on some big fish, but we aren't going after low level power 5 talent either.
Mitch Cumstein, my roommate. He's a good guy.

We stopped recruiting Richards. So Nick Richards is out. I think we are banking on Thompson to be an impact big in 17-18. We just offered 5 star 2017 SG Hamidou Diallo. So it looks like we are going after guards and wings in 2017. Tucker, Green, Walker, Diallo. We will get two of those guys IMO.

I feel like there were all these people that said the sanctions and the scholarship limits wouldn't matter. and now that they matter people are like why are we backing off of targets. we have less coaches to recruit with and less spots to offer, cmon guys grow up. we aren't going to land a top 20 kid with every scholarship, we never did before and we aren't going to now.

Supposedly shot 54% on threes last season. I'll take that all day. I'm definitely surprised by how often he played off the ball in the couple games I found on YouTube, but looks like when he's playing AAU with Duval, it's Green running the point most of the time from what I've seen.

Im not a huge fan of getting Green at this juncture, there are just too many moving pieces right now. We still may have Joseph as a Sr in 2017. Would also like to see how Howard progresses first, he may have quality point guard potential. And there is the very off chance Battle comes back for a another year, or another point guard pops up in the recruiting process. I think we need guards in this offense who can create their own shot and as of now im not sold on Green being able to do that against elite ACC competition. He is still young so who knows, these things can change. Nothing wrong with keeping in close contact with the kid but I wouldn't want to pull the trigger at this juncture in time. JMO

I respectfully disagree. If Louisville and Villanova want him, we should too. Those two schools know guards. The Duval ship has sailed. This kid is a top 50 player at a school we have a solid relationship. Lets take him and not look back! That is, if we can get him. Great pg play is essential to success.

I respectfully disagree. If Louisville and Villanova want him, we should too. Those two schools know guards. The Duval ship has sailed. This kid is a top 50 player at a school we have a solid relationship. Lets take him and not look back! That is, if we can get him. Great pg play is essential to success.

I've been one of the people slightly concerned about our recruiting for 2017 lately, but that mostly has to do with the bigs we seem to be going after. Green is going to be a great player somewhere if he doesn't come here. I don't want Louisville or Nova to get him. I know rankings aren't the be all that end's all, but he does have a top 40 composite ranking, shot 54% from three, and looks like a pure PG. He kind of reminds me of a slightly smaller Tyus Jones. We've seen over the past couple of years that you can never have enough shooters, so he would be a welcome get for us.

Agree, 2017 is a hard read right now.
We have battle, malachi, moyer and Lydon and imo all of those guys are 2-3 and done.
Coming out of the game with one 5 star guard or forward with a alpha scoring mentality would clean this class up fast.

I like Quade's game alot. While hes not the quickest, or jumps the highest. Hes still got the isolation potential to be a scoring leader in our system. Not sure if I see him as the faster blowby type like Malik Zachery yet to find his pullup much at the college level. He might have to hit the weights and strengthen up to invite the physical defense more to find his isolation game and challenge the double like many Cuse guards have in recent years.

I really like his nba range, and drifting pullup potential to play some SG with another point on the court, and he is starting to show he can go left and finish left handed around the rim.

If Chuckwu is 1&done we could use two Bigs to join Battle and Moyer otherwise we are stuck with 2 freshmen bigs in 017. And we might need to get the scholorships back to open those doors.

Last edited:

I understand that view point, and respect it. I personally would like to see us wait a bit. I like his shooting ability at this stage of his development but at his height and with his current quickness I don't think it would be enough to create his own shot at the upper level of the ACC. With that said, if we do sign him up now and I am wrong down the road, I will be wrong with a big smile on my face.

jr4750 said:
I don't know why people think JBs packing it in. I think he's clearly changed strategies and wants more guys on the floor that can knock down shots...

I'm no genius, but it seems his skills are top 50, and add 50%+ from three. C'mon. We will need shooters. How about that kid off the bench from Michigan who absolutely torched us. He was no top 50 kid, but he could shoot. Let's get Green ASAP, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.