Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my honeymoon (Tahoe obviously ;) ) - not only did we get to see the house...
Pretty sure our guide docked the boat, perspective-wise, right where he dropped in his last line.

Almost drowned in the lake myself, was rescued by a kid with a raft/floating device, and we paddled into shore. Would have died, not exaggerating.
wow tee!

Pretty sure our guide docked the boat, perspective-wise, right where he dropped in his last line.

Almost drowned in the lake myself, was rescued by a kid with a raft/floating device, and we paddled into shore. Would have died, not exaggerating.

Holy crap!

I have a lake Tahoe story. First of all, gambling and skiing is a very expensive combination. Years ago, I was on a skiing trip with some work friends. So I'm with this guy named JV. It's the end of the day and we are at the base. We are just hanging out there and about 50 yards away there's a girl leaning over facing us with a huge cleavage. Normally, you do not see such things while skiing. It was breathtaking (in addition to the altitude issue, it was double breathtaking!). So we are mesmerized by the site. Above her guys riding the ski lift are yelling cat calls down to her. It was really amazing. In this very zen like moment, this guy comes up me and asks, "Do you know where lift 6 is?" I'm really busy at this point and I don't want to be bothered. I didn't even look at the guy and just said, "Hold on, I have call coming in." The dude just stands there next to me. I couldn't not believe this guy! I'm thinking look what were seeing right now! After 10 or 20 seconds I say to the guy, "I don't know where lift 6 is." The guy walks off in huff. And then another guy comes up to us and starts complaining about someone stole his skiis. JV and I are ignoring this guy too. But he would not let it go. He starts going on and on "Those 210s and I have been together for years. I can't believe they were stolen." JV finally says, "Forget the 210s, look at the two Ds!" It was one of the strangest moments of my life. But that's my Lake Tahoe memory.

My buddy got married out there, in West Lake Tahoe. Had a great time.

Liking this because its a good story, certainly not because you almost drowned!

Ooof, and that's only half the story - will pm you so as to not hijack.

Can you pm me that, as well as your Boiler Room story? Loved that movie and would love to hear about your experience with the inspiration behind it.

Back to topic, I don't like that it has been alluded to the fact he may go uncommitted into the season. If he is the first domino, I'd rather have him "fall" sooner than later so the rest of the class will follow suite quickly rather than consider other options.

Back to topic, I don't like that it has been alluded to the fact he may go uncommitted into the season. If he is the first domino, I'd rather have him "fall" sooner than later so the rest of the class will follow suite quickly rather than consider other options.

It's possible this will be slow but I believe the staff will turn up the heat if he's undecided by mid-October. We have a ton of slots to fill. He's so critical, don't get me wrong, but not at the expense of hurting our entire haul.

It's possible this will be slow but I believe the staff will turn up the heat if he's undecided by mid-October. We have a ton of slots to fill. He's so critical, don't get me wrong, but not at the expense of hurting our entire haul.
The staff will wait for him.

Let's hope it's a two way conversation and the coaches have sway.

This is complete horsesh!t. If you think I'm going to idly stand by while tee PMs all these amazing stories to specific people, well you are just going to be flat out wrong. That is how pay sides get started. Tee, I don't care where you post those stories but god damn it you are posting those stories. I want details and I want them now. In the immortal words of George Costanza: "You're not in the mood? You GET in the mood!"

The off topic direction this thread is headed in bodes well for our chances of landing Green if the TT thread and the 4 AW3 threads are anything to go bye. ;)

Green, Bamba, Thompson, Randolf, Tucker, Shittu (reclassified) and a grad transfer. Thanks BBALL gods.

I'm amazed that fans can continue to post off topic posts and not have their posts deleted or face board suspensions. If you go through these threads there a dozens of such posts. Not sure what the criteria are that administrators use for such decisions but it doesn't appear to be applied at all consistently.

So as not to have this post fall into that category, I will say that Quade appears to be a legit high end recruit, but surprised that SU is pursuing a relatively smallish guard. I know everyone appears to be on his bandwagon, but I wouldn't be that disappointed to see SU land another 4* type PG.

I'm amazed that fans can continue to post off topic posts and not have their posts deleted or face board suspensions. If you go through these threads there a dozens of such posts. Not sure what the criteria are that administrators use for such decisions but it doesn't appear to be applied at all consistently.

So as not to have this post fall into that category, I will say that Quade appears to be a legit high end recruit, but surprised that SU is pursuing a relatively smallish guard. I know everyone appears to be on his bandwagon, but I wouldn't be that disappointed to see SU land another 4* type PG.

First of all, don't be a party pooper :p j/k...

Second, my hope is that the staff is pursuing Green as hard as they are because they can see what he's capable of at the next level. Yes, he's definitely a bit undersized as a guard for what we're used to seeing at SU, but my theory is that the staff started to stray too far to one end of the spectrum the last few years in the sense that they were focusing too much on a player's fit in the zone and offensive abilities were taking a back seat to that. This would explain why our offense was so painful to watch around 2013-15. Even though defense has been all the rage the last several seasons, defense can only take you so far. You need to have guys that can actually score, guys that can shoot. With that said, I'd like to think that the staff recognized how awful the offense was and have started placing a little less emphasis on fit in the zone and more emphasis on scoring ability and just overall basketball IQ. Just a theory though.

Was going to like this based on your first paragraph. Couldn't because of your 2nd. SU is all-in on Quade because he is legitimately one of the top 3 PGs in his class. Yes, he may be only about 6'0" but it's not a hindrance. He can do it all, including being a great defender. He might not have ideal height for the zone, but he anticipates well, gets in passing lanes and makes himself disruptive. On offense, he can utilize a step back or fadeaway to get his shot off over bigger defenders.

I'd very very disappointed if we don't land him. As I've said repeatedly, he commits and then we get just about whoever we want in his class.

Last edited:
You people need a sense of humor. If it is going to get militant around here...
image.gif

I'm out.

Kidding of course. I completely understand the gripes and I'm trying to do better with that because I'm always guilty of it.

Re: Quade, I highly recommend checking out Francis' most recent podcast. Find an hour because it is great. Didn't mind the hurricane rains on my commute home yesterday. Wanted it slower so I could listen to the entire podcast in one sitting. And I did.

Was going to like this based on your first paragraph. Couldn't because of your 2nd. SU is all-in on Quade because he is legitimately one of the top 3 PGs in his class. Yes, he may be only about 6'0" but it's not a hindrance. He can do it all, including being a great defender. He might not have ideal height for the zone, but he anticipates well, gets in passing lanes and makes himself disruptive. One offense, he can utilize a step back or fadeaway to get his shot off over bigger defenders.

I'd very very disappointed if we don't land him. As I've said repeatedly, he commits and then we get just about whoever we want in his class.

I think it's nice that we are prioritizing a guy with legit basketball skills rather than just trying to find 6'4'' athletic freaks who may or may not be able to dribble but OMG ZONE LENGTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.