Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Mike, Donna and Carlsonare good writers, but sometimes I wonder if the Post Standards coverage of the program during the NCAA investigation has lead Boeheim and team to take a Belichick-ian approach to handling the local media. There hasn't been much of substance covered by them this summer besides Donna's Gbinije article where she spent time with him in his hometown.

I'm no genius, but it seems his skills are top 50, and add 50%+ from three. C'mon. We will need shooters. How about that kid off the bench from Michigan who absolutely torched us. He was no top 50 kid, but he could shoot. Let's get Green ASAP, IMHO.
There was another top 50 range kid, from Eastern PA, who was about 5-11 and a heck of a shooter we recruited to play point guard about 13-14 years ago. That seemed to worked out okay.

I expect Thompson to close out the 2016 class. He replaces Diagne and wouldn't need to do all that much as a freshman with a SR Obokoh, RSS Chukwu, SR Roberson, S Lydon, F Moyer to man the front line. I actually really like Thompson long term as a F/C for us that will be able to do a bit of everything and has a frame that will allow him to be a big strong body down the road.

2017 is very interesting. I like Green and have no issue taking him but we would need to add a big in the 2017 class and probably another wing forward. Plus we would like to get either Walker or Diallo. What will the ship situation look like by then? I really can't wait for our appeal to be decided on so we can get an accurate count. I don't think Coleman comes back for a 5th year. Do Richardson, Chukwu, Battle, Lydon, Moyer make to to their Junior and Senior seasons ect? These are hard things to judge and it would be much better to clearly have room to sign up replacements.

Probably best not to make this kind of cryptic post, cuseguy.

I don't expect you to divulge your information, obviously, so there isn't much value that comes from making that kind of post.

RF2044 said:
Probably best not to make this kind of cryptic post, cuseguy. I don't expect you to divulge your information, obviously, so there isn't much value that comes from making that kind of post.

I hear ya. Just a fair warning.

cuseguy said:
I hear ya. Just a fair warning.
TBH, this is a ridiculous sort of post(s).

cuseguy, some reason for that post? Don't have to be too specific, just a general reason that supports your opinion.

I imagine its doubtful we take both Quade and Malik both are undersized point guards who can really shoot the ball.

I imagine its doubtful we take both Quade and Malik both are undersized point guards who can really shoot the ball.
By Malik, do you mean Malik Zachery?

I'm a big fan of the kid, believe me, but he's not really on the radar at the moment, is he?

By Malik, do you mean Malik Zachery?

I'm a big fan of the kid, believe me, but he's not really on the radar at the moment, is he?
I imagine we offer he could commit right away being from Syracuse. He has bled orange for the last 10 years.

I imagine we offer he could commit right away being from Syracuse. He has bled orange for the last 10 years.
Yes, but we're not going to offer. I'd be shocked at this point if we do. Like I said, I like the kid a lot. But the odds of him getting offered are slim.

So the PS said he was there in some article that I read. Did he go or not?

Francis or anyone what is the deal with our status on Quade? I looked at 24/7 and they don't even have us recruiting him. I'm a huge fan of this kids game.

Status
Not open for further replies.