Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's nice that we are prioritizing a guy with legit basketball skills rather than just trying to find 6'4'' athletic freaks who may or may not be able to dribble but OMG ZONE LENGTH.

This is bogus in my opinion. It makes it sound like we have been bringing in a bunch of turds who only have good measurables. That is absolutely not the case. The problem with our offense is related to two factors: our lead guards have all recently left after a single year of playing big minutes (Dion, MCW, Ennis) and Kaleb Joseph not panning out as the staff expected him to. All this other talk is nonsense.

This is bogus in my opinion. It makes it sound like we have been bringing in a bunch of turds who only have good measurables. That is absolutely not the case. The problem with our offense is related to two factors: our lead guards have all recently left after a single year of playing big minutes (Dion, MCW, Ennis) and Kaleb Joseph not panning out as the staff expected him to. All this other talk is nonsense.
Spot on.. Bingo

Not turds at all. But we are three years removed from bringing in a bunch of athletic projects... And Tyler Ennis.

I would also say Grant and Mccullogh were ptetty raw offensively as well.

Domain name: TwoFortySevenAsNumbers sports dot com

URI: /Player/Quade-Green-36136

Thank you Dave. I should have read the script in Tee's "link." Lazy on a Sunday.

I'm not a big numbers guy but I'll take that percentage. Really don't want it to go into the season as we absolutely cannot be left with a bare cupboard in '17, and that is a real worst-case possibility.

Fwiw, 2nd hand info from a former player; he believes Green is a heavy SU lean. That was from today.

Former player and current assistant, GM.

I've heard the same. Also heard that MB will not consider Syracuse regardless of whether or not Quade ends up committing.

I assume that if Orangeman13 was honest with you, he'd tell you the same thing.

Last edited:
Former player and current assistant, GM.

I've heard the same. Also heard that MB will not consider Syracuse regardless of whether or not Quade ends up committing.

I assume that if Orangeman13 was honest with you, he'd tell you the same thing.

Thanks for the info. Are you saying you are an assistant coach or you heard from an assistant coach?

Any more info on why MB would stay away from cuse?

Thanks for the info. Are you saying you are an assistant coach or you heard from an assistant coach?

Any more info on why MB would stay away from cuse?

For what its worth, according to two forty seven sports MB has s 97% chance towards Duke.

For what its worth, according to two forty seven sports MB has s 97% chance towards Duke.

Francis is on the record as saying it wouldn't make any sense. I'll go with his word above deuce Quattro Siete.

Edit: Francis correct me if I'm wrong here. Just how I interpreted your podcast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Francis is on the record as saying it wouldn't make any sense. I'll go with his word above deuce Quattro Siete.

Edit: Francis correct me if I'm wrong here. Just how I interpreted your podcast.

pretty sure his pod cast said mb is a backup for duke. maybe nick richards ahead of him?

pretty sure his pod cast said mb is a backup for duke. maybe nick richards ahead of him?
Duke has Wendell Carter, who is another top 5 big man as their #1 priority. I'm sure they would love to have both, but it would make no sense scheme wise because it's not like Coach K is ever going to run his offense through a pair of post players. It's getting quite obvious that Bamba is reading between the lines and that is why his recruitment is more wide open than ever. Too early to tell where he's leaning since the tour of visits is currently taking place by him. So I wouldn't expect much crystal meth ball movements in his predictions until time goes along in this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.