Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat Lawless‏@GiveNGobball 10m10 minutes ago
Quade Green, a class of 2017 PG playing for We R1 (DE), just picked up an offer from Syracuse.
AAU teammate of Trevon Duval. Currently plays at Scoop and Rick The Ruler's Neumann-Goretti HS.
Quade? Isn't he due back at Mars by now......or was that a dream? ;)
TotalRecall_TWOWEEKS.jpg~original

He's only 5'11? Interesting. Does it show that we're moving forward from exclusive lengthy zone? Or are we keeping a reliable pipeline alive?
Gilbert is the same height as well. Seems to me that the staff is now looking for PG's that can ball regardless of height and zone fits. Wish they had that same attitude for Monte Morris and Jalen Brunson.

Gilbert is the same height as well. Seems to me that the staff is now looking for PG's that can ball regardless of height and zone fits. Wish they had that same attitude for Monte Morris and Jalen Brunson.

As others have said, I think this is a good indicator that Hop is going to play at least a good chunk of man to man.

And even Devonte Graham...

A welcome change, IMO.

Music to my ears. I get that we value size / athleticism and recruit guys to fit the zone system, but PG is the one position where you shouldn't sacrifice skill for measureables. Get the best PG you can get, period. Regardless of height. Most important position on the floor in the collegiate game--bar none.

Last edited:
Looking at the film, his shooting form is perfect. If you were looking for someone to serve as a computer model for perfect form, it would be him. No wasted motion, short, smooth, fast release. Just perfect.

It is really unusual to have someone who can get their shot off that fast and that consistent at his age.

Of course, he looks like a great ball handler and distributor too. Didn't see him much on defense. My guess is that he will get a lot of steals and defections though. He is very quick and athletic.

Looking at the film, his shooting form is perfect. If you were looking for someone to serve as a computer model for perfect form, it would be him. No wasted motion, short, smooth, fast release. Just perfect.

It is really unusual to have someone who can get their shot off that fast and that consistent at his age.

Of course, he looks like a great ball handler and distributor too. Didn't see him much on defense. My guess is that he will get a lot of steals and defections though. He is very quick and athletic.

Love this kid's game -- but I don't recall ever seeing any players from his high school. ; )

Hope we land this kid on the 23rd. Would be a quality "get."

As we've discovered these past two offensively anemic seasons, you can never have enough shot makers.

Sign me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.