Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 186 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
We weren't off though. It was posted here that he shot around 40% his senior year from three.
Iommi was def saying it wasn't as bad as people said. But the prevailing wind was that was his weakness.

Lots of kids like the concept of going to an NBA vocational school for 9 months where they don't have the sham of being in an educational setting. Quade apparently is one of them. We have Howard who is getting better and better for next year. We'll get a good PG in the 2018 class. we'll be fine. The world has not ended. We never do well with drama queens. We were on him a long time. He came to campus a bunch of times. If he wanted to be Orange it would have been over long ago. Never liked the feel of it.

Ya like we just saw how his connections, exposure. Be real man, To me he just isn't into it anymore. May be looking forward to retirement
Of course he is in to it. Did you see how hard our coaches worked to get us TT, Gillon and Andrew? These guys have worked hard and they care. And as someone else said, this hasn't hurt Duke one bit.

Lots of kids like the concept of going to an NBA vocational school for 9 months where they don't have the sham of being in an educational setting. Quade apparently is one of them. We have Howard who is getting better and better for next year. We'll get a good PG in the 2018 class. we'll be fine. The world has not ended. We never do well with drama queens. We were on him a long time. He came to campus a bunch of times. If he wanted to be Orange it would have been over long ago. Never liked the feel of it.
Quade will never sniff the NBA. Hope he like Cal, he will be stuck with him for 4 years.

I hope so. He's so damn good. I can't believe how off we were about his shooting!

Some of us have said he could shoot since we saw Battle play his sophomore year in high school. He's not a great outside shooter but he will be fine from three. Streaky but fine. And his shot keeps improving.

Of course he is in to it. Did you see how hard our coaches worked to get us TT, Gillon and Andrew? These guys have worked hard and they care. And as someone else said, this hasn't hurt Duke one bit.
Boeheims approach has always been to leave it up to the kid to decide. That was noted in whites recruitment and even in TTs. Some people don't like that approach.

Dasher, now that it's over please share some of what went on this week. Not asking to reveal sources, but what exactly went down, how did we try to counter it, etc?

SG-A is not signed, right? Potential flip? Would prefer a 6'5" pg anyway...

Some of us have said he could shoot since we saw Battle play his sophomore year in high school. He's not a great outside shooter but he will be fine from three. Streaky but fine. And his shot keeps improving.
I cited you in a second post!

I think it became dicey for SU when he didn't commit weeks ago. The longer this went on the worse it was for SU. We've lost before and we survived and we will again.

Sensed this class wasn't going to come together like we hoped weeks ago. Didn't want to paint a negative picture, but the way recruits were stringing us out led me to believe we were headed for a big disappointment. And now we're here. I think the coaches badly misread the intentions of several recruits. It happens. But perhaps the time has come to recruit more like Nova -- eyeing kids who project long term -- and only target a few blue chips.

Never understood the "wish him the best" crowd. If he is not with us, he is against us. So I wish him nothing but complete and utter failure
I agree. There are 13 kids I root for every year, the rest of them I couldn't care less about. I'm a bigger fan of Grayson Allen right now than I am of Quade Green. kid screwed us in every sense of the word

SG-A is not signed, right? Potential flip? Would prefer a 6'5" pg anyway...

That would be Mr. Shai Alexander -- who I'm sure is having a few thoughts running through his mind right now,

Dasher, now that it's over please share some of what went on this week. Not asking to reveal sources, but what exactly went down, how did we try to counter it, etc?
You have to wait for his Podcast;)

It sucks but I remember a a while back we had to self impose and then look the rediculous penalties the NCAA handed down. We swollowed that bitter pill and somehow managed to make a FF. We have a Great team this year.

Get off the board, bang your wife, girlfriend or both. :) enjoy the season.

he was going to Syracuse. This was done. Guys, he committed to us. I tried to say that without saying it. He was all set to come here. And then things changed.
so what did he sign? scholarship papers? kid was a UK *** and nothing less. we were his 2nd choice and he was their 3rd choice

Status
Not open for further replies.