Class of 2017 - PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander to Kentucky | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander to Kentucky

Chukwu is a normal transfer. The grad transfer market isn't really somewhere to have continued success, it is for filling holes where a guy can come get immediate playing time. Its something that we should hope not to have to do very frequently especially past this next class. If Battle leaves then a grad transfer on the wing becomes a necessity since there won't be a natural 2 or 3 on the roster. Can't imagine any grad would possibly be interested at the 1/4/5 as those minutes are going to be filled regardless of who comes/goes.

Transfer market is a crapshoot. We have no idea who will be available. You're right that you can't maintain an elite program for very long like that. And I would add that if you're having trouble filling classes with high school seniors, what makes anyone think grad transfers will be easier to recruit going forward? There's heavy competition for the top talent regardless.

Chukwu is a normal transfer. The grad transfer market isn't really somewhere to have continued success, it is for filling holes where a guy can come get immediate playing time. Its something that we should hope not to have to do very frequently especially past this next class. If Battle leaves then a grad transfer on the wing becomes a necessity since there won't be a natural 2 or 3 on the roster. Can't imagine any grad would possibly be interested at the 1/4/5 as those minutes are going to be filled regardless of who comes/goes.

I agree, it shouldn't be somewhere that an elite program can keep finding success with. However, every yr it is becoming more and more frequent that very good grad transfers are becoming available, and it doesn't look like something that is about to change...unless a rule is out in place. Do I want us to keep hitting that market instead of getting top 50 recruits? Of course not, but we also should be able to take advantage of it if needed

Raise your hand if you hadn't heard of this kid until this week. No offense to the kid, but have we evaluated him? Dean or Jake or anyone else know?

He decommitted recently from Florida which is why he wasn't on anyone's radar until a couple weeks ago. He is supposed to be a borderline Top 50 combo guard. 6'5" with a good handle. Haven't seen anything about his offensive skills. Good athlete.

He fits the SU profile. Not sure if we have serious interest, but I had heard that we offered him. Not seeing that confirmed anywhere.

Just thought it was bizarre and ridiculous to think that we are becoming anything in that market considering that we've ventured into it once ever. There's a lot of other teams that have been doing this with far greater volume for a long time.
It would be bizarre not to take advantage of it, like other teams have. UL ('ville) won a ship a couple years ago with a grad transfer shooter. And we really had no choice this year. In fact, I wish we could have looked at the GT "market" earlier, as our lineups that last couple seasons have been devastated by NBA/NCAA/transfer problems. So not sure about you, but I'm pretty happy that we got into the GT sweepstakes and pulled in 2 gems in White and Gillon.

He decommitted recently from Florida which is why he wasn't on anyone's radar until a couple weeks ago. He is supposed to be a borderline Top 50 combo guard. 6'5" with a good handle. Haven't seen anything about his offensive skills. Good athlete.

He fits the SU profile. Not sure if we have serious interest, but I had heard that we offered him. Not seeing that confirmed anywhere.
Good to know, now that you mention it, I do remember hearing a little about him after he decommitted, but it just seems odd that we are on his final list. But, as some have suggested, we are probably just there to fill out the final list.

Good to know, now that you mention it, I do remember hearing a little about him after he decommitted, but it just seems odd that we are on his final list. But, as some have suggested, we are probably just there to fill out the final list.

I believe he is Kentucky bound. I hope it is because UK has struck out on QG and is in a horse race with OU for Trae Young.

Bump for this kid announcing tomorrow morning

Yup, 8 a.m. announcement. I'll be very surprised if it is not UK. I was holding out hope that Oshae could convince his Canadian buddy to head further North.

Shocking I tell you! His whole reopening his recruitment and going to UK is just more confirmation that Green is coming to SU.
I hope your right! We will find out soon enough, but its going to be a longggkggg 5 days.

If we land Green later this week, then my reaction to this is :noidea:

It should be :noidea: regardless.

Not like we were banking on this kid, or going after him for years.
I don't think anybody anywhere actually thought he was ever going to choose SU.

This is great for us with Green IMO. So we can go Saturday to Saturday with Brissett, Green and Preston. That will be a good week!

This is great for us with Green IMO. So we can go Saturday to Saturday with Brissett, Green and Preston. That will be a good week!
Exactly what I was thinking.

from espn article lolololol

" "They showed him how, in the past, they've played with multiple guards and the fact that they need to bring in more than one guard next year. Basically, 'This is what we've done in the past with multiple guards, and this is how we see you fitting into that mix.'""

He's going to jump a minimum of 15 spots is my guess, but then again...I'm just a UK hater who thinks Cal is a scummy used car salesman . I found this funny...I'll give this poster credit...has me nailed.. this is in reference to Quade
20161114_183907.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom