PG Situation/Battle at Point in 17-18? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

PG Situation/Battle at Point in 17-18?

I agree and have stated Battle would be our best point even TODAY. The problem seems to be we then don't have a 2/3. White is fine as a catch and shoot I guess the reason most think he can't play the 2 is defense. We are just so thin I guess but who is coming in that can play the 2 or 3 when we only landed second tier big guys? I hope we can pull off something for next year on the international or transfer market. Moyer is a small forward right? Who else is there?
I agree with the thought but am ready to try White at the 2. He is awful on the back end of the zone so what does it matter if we try a couple of minutes where he is awful at the top?

Probably because he was so jacked.

I also thought he was great at the defensive slides up top. And always kept a hand up.
He was often panned here but Triche is a perfect example of appreciating what you have. Could play both spots, not consistent on O and never really developed on O but his D was there every night. How many wins do we have if he is on this team?

He was often panned here but Triche is a perfect example of appreciating what you have. Could play both spots, not consistent on O and never really developed on O but his D was there every night. How many wins do we have if he is on this team?

The semi-circle for charges would have really helped Triche. He was always punished on drives because he was so strong, even when attacking the other team's big men. Missed it by a year I think.

He was one of my favorites, especially because of his D.

Exactly. Maybe his shooting can improve if he's not concerned about running the offense.

I don't know. I'm grasping at straws here.
We can live with a PG who can't shoot as long as he can penetrate and then dish out to an open shooter. We have some big opportunities going north/south instead of east/west. Heck, even if we go east/west, we don't even set that pick anymore to free someone up for a shot. Our outside shooters are basically being wasted.

Then again if you are upset about "too loose" you aren't adjusting right... not describing you but thats an excuse. It's a different game and a totally different game. Easy to get swept up in if not prepared to take advantage of it.
Oh I adjust...to No Limit...put a man to his money

Seriously? I mean, have you not paid attention to this program over the last what? Six years?

December/January:
"Who is going to draft Player X? That's stupid. He's not going to the draft!
April: "I still don't think he's going, look at all the other talent in there, hope you enjoy the D League ..."
June: "This sucks, why does it always happen to our team, no one could have predicted he would have gone..."

Don't get me wrong, I think it is a long shot right now, but A) the first priority for these kids is to play in the NBA and B) each NBA team has to draft someone with each pick.

That's a bit like the people last spring saying "The Selection committee screwed us in 2007, so since we've often been left out when on the bubble, then we will be left out this year."

I'm not basing this on other players as every situation is different. There's a ton of guards in this draft. Probably not the best year for a guy like Battle to come out.

I agree with the thought but am ready to try White at the 2. He is awful on the back end of the zone so what does it matter if we try a couple of minutes where he is awful at the top?

That's like saying why not try TT at the forward spot... We all saw what happened when he ended up there for a possession. He's really bad at the 2G. He can survive at SF, just not against UNC.

That's like saying why not try TT at the forward spot... We all saw what happened when he ended up there for a possession. He's really bad at the 2G. He can survive at SF, just not against UNC.
Yes and no - we have other bodies we can sub in for TT for a few minutes, not so much in the guard department where we really have 2 players (counting Gillon and FH as one). And I would need to re-watch but I think White has been bad defensively against teams much less talented than UNC.

I find it hard to believe that there are no perimeter players out there that are decent players that wouldn't come to Syracuse. We're friggin Syracuse. With available playing time. We'll get somebody. Right?

Well, haven't we been saying that for some time now? What is going on?

You may be right, I don't think he goes but you're looking at a guy with great measurables who has shown he can do great things on the court, especially one thing a lot of people said he couldn't which is shoot.

This is a guy who had trouble getting and staying on the court and now he's playing almost 40 a game.

There are a lot of games left, he's shown he is a prospect, he does well the rest of the way and he could throw his name out there at the least.

You have to remember, he is there every day and he needs to decide if he wants to come back to a possibley even worse team and with a guy who's been the complete opposite of team first.

Looking at numbers you can say he stays and I'll agree, looking at literally everything else I can't imagine why he would.
It's really tough. If you look at recent history (past 5 years), anyone who was rumored to leave ended up leaving. It's difficult to be hopeful, and you know he is thinking of next year's potential lineup when making the decision. If Cuse is awful again, there will be the exposure problem again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom