Class of 2017 - PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Trevon Duval (DE) to Duke

Francis03

All American
Big fan of this guard and he's going to be really really good as the years go by. Plays HS ball at St. Benedict's(Ennis), and just won the Peach Jam with Briscoe and Diagne on the NJ Playaz. Early buzz has Nova already pressing hard, but I expect SU and other heavyweights to enter the equation soon.

So the obvious question (for me at least). Any relation to Dennis?

So the obvious question (for me at least). Any relation to Dennis?
The next most obvious question: any relation to Shelley Duval?
Shelley-duvall-GC.jpg

Duval summer mixtape. Best combo guard I've seen so far in the 2017 class. Hope the staff starts to get involve soon.
Question Francis? Cuse has done its best recruiting by targeting certain players real early on and it appears our staff are really hard workers. Are you alluding that we haven't been involved with this young man at all.

Duval summer mixtape. Best combo guard I've seen so far in the 2017 class. Hope the staff starts to get involve soon.
Kid had some exciting moments this summer. Always. Be. Closing.

Question Francis? Cuse has done its best recruiting by targeting certain players real early on and it appears our staff are really hard workers. Are you alluding that we haven't been involved with this young man at all.
He hasn't had any interest from SU as of yet. To be fair they can't have direct contact with 2017 recruits until next June, as far as phone calls and text are concern. Most of the dialogue goes through their coaches at this point. With the staff able to hit the road starting tomorrow, I'm sure they'll be out checking for youngins like this that they can evaluate and get a head start on. You want to get involved early but also don't want to fall into the next LaQuinton Ross and Nate Britt. Early five star guys during their fresh/soph year, but eventually fall off and basically peaked too soon with no upside. Staff has done a great job identifying kids who trend up not down.

Duval gives you a ton of different looks in this one. Some decent passing halfway through, but most important: a knack for the hoop. Great slashing ability, has some Dion in him. Get to the hole at all costs or get a good enough look. But the confidence to know you'll knock it down and score. Tough to teach that skill.

Looks like very well rounded guard to me. Reminds me a bit of Briscoe maybe a tad bigger and certainly more athletic. I'll take a New Jersey and Philly guards any time we cane get them.

Last edited: